We are facing the issue while capturing the sybase database in offline mode using the SQL developer version 3.0.
Migration from Sybase 15 to Oracle Database 11g
The msg is "Connection failed - /tmp/sybase15 migration failed".
The above msg appears while doing the following steps
1) Created connection in SQL developer
2) Created separete repository in SQL developer
3) Associated connection with the repository
4) Captured sybase database offline and successfully generated all the meta data DAT files generated thru SQL developer
5) Using migration wizard we started capturing the sybase database and got the above error.
Kindly advise the solution to overcome this error.
it's not clear why SQL Dev wants to connect when you perform an offline migration. Maybe you just created the source model offline, but wanted to online do the data migration.
Please describe more detailed the steps for #5 you've chosen and also your choices within the wizzard.
I am using SQL developer version 3.0.02 Build MAIN 02.83 and also followed the steps given below for migration.
Also note sybase JTDS driver not installed in the SQL developer as we are doing offline migration.
1) Tools --> Migration --> Migration Wizard
2) Setup Repository
3) Project name given and output directory given
4) Source Database mode given as "offline" and provided offline capture source file as "sybase15.ocp"
5) In capture tab source database provided
6) Finally clicked Finish button to start capturing of offline data model
Then got error msg as "Capturing CONNECTION /tmp/sybase15: FAILED : Database Migration : FAILED" in the MIGRLOG repository table.
In migration projects tab we find the project name but "Captured Database Objects" showing as empty.
Above are the steps done in the steps 5 of initial post.