This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2013 10:25 AM by Levi-Pereira RSS

Need Archive file transfer script

996245 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,
I am creating a manual standby database (Not DataGuard) in oracle 10g using Unix OS.I need to transfer archive files from primary to standby database on hourly basis.
For this purpose I need script that can help me to transfer archive files.
Your usual cooperation will be highly appreciated.
  • 1. Re: Need Archive file transfer script
    Chanchal Wankhade Journeyer
    Hi,

In case of manual DR, You need to manually copy and paste and apply the redo log on manual DR on hourly basis since the archives will keep increasing on daily so copy command will not get how many archives needs to be copy.
    or
    You can use (if you are using windows) windows copy command to copy all the files from one place to other(server to server.)
  • 2. Re: Need Archive file transfer script
    Mihael Pro
    I am creating a manual standby database (Not DataGuard) in oracle 10g using Unix OS.I need to transfer archive files from primary to standby database on hourly basis.
    For this purpose I need script that can help me to transfer archive files.
    Your usual cooperation will be highly appreciated.
    In case of manual standby, the more simple will be not to transfer files to standby site, but make them available by nfs. So, there will be no need to check what logs were sent and applied. Recovery script on standby will just periodically perform recovery from this destination. Script will always ends with message like this that can be ignored:
    ORA-00308: cannot open archived log '.......'
    ORA-27037: unable to obtain file status
    Linux-x86_64 Error: 2: No such file or directory
  • 3. Re: Need Archive file transfer script
    Levi-Pereira Guru
    You can use RSYNC utility to accomplish it.

As archivelog in this case is a regular file and you will use only OS command (i.e not a Oracle Database issue). I recommend you move (close here and open new) this thread to forum which have matters related.

Such as:
    https://forums.oracle.com/forums/category.jspa?categoryID=304

Or other forum outside of Oracle Forum.

http://www.databasejournal.com/features/oracle/article.php/3682421/Manual-Standby-Database-under-Oracle-Standard-Edition.htm

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points