This discussion is archived
11 Replies Latest reply: Apr 5, 2013 10:12 PM by 997421 RSS

how to dsplay the values based on the check box?

997421 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
forms6i
Hi to all
the requirment the we have already master detail form.example emp details based on the dept number.in the form just only displays three coloumns per record wise(emp details).
actually my requrment is place the check box each record and place a one button in the form.once check the particular record and click on the button open the another form
it's displays that particular record entire emp details.any one help me...........

Edited by: 994418 on 3 Apr, 2013 1:50 AM
  • 1. Re: how to dsplay the values based on the check box?
    HamidHelal Guru
    994418 wrote:
    forms6i
    Hi to all
    the requirment the we have already master detail form.example emp details based on the dept number.in the form just only displays three coloumns per record wise(emp details).
    actually my requrment is place the check box each record and place a one button in the form.once check the particular record and click on the button open the another form
    it's displays that particular record entire emp details.any one help me...........

Edited by: 994418 on 3 Apr, 2013 1:50 AM
    Hi,
    As you said, you emp block is tabular, i think there is no need of check box. Just add a button in that block. So there is a button for each record and associate button click display the associate record details (you said to go another form and display)

check this Calling a form and passing a context

Hope this helps

Hamid

Mark correct/helpful to help others to get right answer(s).*
  • 2. Re: how to dsplay the values based on the check box?
    997421 Newbie
    thanks for giving reply.
    yes emp block is tabular ,in this i display 10 records at a time.my client want's to add a check box each record and place a only one button in the form. placed on the cursor the particular record and check the check box and finally click on the button open the another form,it;s displays only the particular record details.thisi s exact requirment

Regards,
    s.
  • 3. Re: how to dsplay the values based on the check box?
    HamidHelal Guru
    994418 wrote:
    thanks for giving reply.
    yes emp block is tabular ,in this i display 10 records at a time.my client want's to add a check box each record and place a only one button in the form. placed on the cursor the particular record and check the check box and finally click on the button open the another form,it;s displays only the particular record details.thisi s exact requirment

Hi, s.
    Do what your client said and follow the above provided link.

Hamid

Mark correct/helpful to help others to get right answer(s).*
  • 4. Re: how to dsplay the values based on the check box?
    InoL Guru
    my client want's to add a check box each record and place a only one button in the form. placed on the cursor the particular record and check the check box and finally click on the button open the another form
    Now this may be what your client wants, but it is in fact incorrect. With a check box, you can check any number of boxes in the tabular form. This is standard behaviour of check boxes. You cannot limit it to only one box that is checked (without extra programming). What are you going to do if the user checks two boxes?

This requirement is really not necessary. When the cursor is on a record and you click the button, you can open the other form.
  • 5. Re: how to dsplay the values based on the check box?
    997421 Newbie
    thanks for giving reply,
    my requirment is i have already master detail form.in the detail block add the check box for each record and also
    place a button on a form.here check the chechbox and click on the button open a another form show a particular record details only.
    here i don't how to capture check box value that particular record and how to pass the second form

Regards,
    S.
  • 6. Re: how to dsplay the values based on the check box?
    indra budiantho Expert
    try this flow:
     WHEN BUTTON_PRESSED
    IF  'yes' = :block_form1.check_box THEN
    :global.check := :block_form1.RECORD_ID
    open('FORM2')
    END IF;
    ---
    in the form2, you can use the :global.check
    when new_form_instance:

set_block_property('detail',ONETIME_WHERE,'RECORD_ID='||:global.check);
    go_block('detail');
    execute_query;
  • 7. Re: how to dsplay the values based on the check box?
    997421 Newbie
    thanks for giving reply,
    i apply this code but it show the some error like invalid record_id.my data block does not contains the reord_id thats problem
  • 8. Re: how to dsplay the values based on the check box?
    HamidHelal Guru
    994418 wrote:
    thanks for giving reply,
    i apply this code but it show the some error like invalid record_id.my data block does not contains the reord_id thats problem
    Here record_id is a sample column name, you need to change as your column name.

Hamid
  • 9. Re: how to dsplay the values based on the check box?
    997421 Newbie
    I FOLLOW THE YOUR METHOD BUT I GET IDENTIFIER ONETIME _WHERE IS MUST BE DECLARED.                                                                                                                                                                               
  • 10. Re: how to dsplay the values based on the check box?
    indra budiantho Expert
    change one_timewhere with default_where

or
    go_block('detail');
    execute_query;
    and in the pre-query trigger at block level, use sample record:
    :detail.RECORD_ID=:global.check;
    Edited by: indra budiantho on Apr 5, 2013 3:39 PM
  • 11. Re: how to dsplay the values based on the check box?
    997421 Newbie
    thanks it's working

Regards,
    S.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points