5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2013 11:19 PM by Sg049 RSS

How to quote while replying in this forum?

Sg049
      Hi,
      i have some general question, while replying to the questions i haven't seen the quote option and wondering how you are quoting other replies. i have read the FAQs in this forum none of them specified how quote? Can some explain me how to quote?

Thanks,
        • 1. Re: How to quote while replying in this forum?
          TPD-Opitz
          After clicking on the "reply" link you have a Button labled <tt>"</tt> on top of the text input area.
          Try it.

bye
          TPD
          • 2. Re: How to quote while replying in this forum?
            Frank Kulash
            Hi,

As TPD said, after you click on "Reply", most of hte screen will be occupied by a "Message" panel. At the top of that panel, under the tabs, there are 6 icons in a row:

B
            I
            U
            binoculars
            square-root sign
            quotes (may look like 2 commas)

Click on that last icon, and it will insert a copy of the message to which you are replying.
            • 3. Re: How to quote while replying in this forum?
              rp0428
              >
              have some general question, while replying to the questions i haven't seen the quote option and wondering how you are quoting other replies. i have read the FAQs in this forum none of them specified how quote? Can some explain me how to quote?
              >
              You use \
              on the line before and on the line after what you are quoting.
              Same for posting code: use
               on the line before and on the line after your posted code.

There is a 'Preview' tab on the reply window so you can see what your reply looks like before you submit it.

See the FAQ. There is a section there 'Are there any useful formatting options not shown on the sidebar?'                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
              • 4. Re: How to quote while replying in this forum?
                Sg049
                Frank Kulash wrote:
                Hi,

As TPD said, after you click on "Reply", most of hte screen will be occupied by a "Message" panel. At the top of that panel, under the tabs, there are 6 icons in a row:

B
                I
                U
                binoculars
                square-root sign
                quotes (may look like 2 commas)

Click on that last icon, and it will insert a copy of the message to which you are replying.
                Thanks Frank.
                • 5. Re: How to quote while replying in this forum?
                  Sg049
                  rp0428 wrote:
                  >
                  have some general question, while replying to the questions i haven't seen the quote option and wondering how you are quoting other replies. i have read the FAQs in this forum none of them specified how quote? Can some explain me how to quote?
                  >
                  You use \
                  on the line before and on the line after what you are quoting.
                  Same for posting code: use
                   on the line before and on the line after your posted code.

There is a 'Preview' tab on the reply window so you can see what your reply looks like before you submit it.

See the FAQ. There is a section there 'Are there any useful formatting options not shown on the sidebar?'
                  Thanks rp