2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 4, 2013 7:53 AM by 999233 RSS

Installing Java Updates /Apache Tomcat

Hello everyone!

I have 2 questions:

1)Do you have any ideas how to prevent some errors, when installing JAVA updates in a server w2003 running Apache Tomcat and IIS.
      2)Do you know why whenever I run javac -version in some servers this command wont work?

Thanks for your replies!!!
        • 1. Re: Installing Java Updates /Apache Tomcat
          gimbal2
          996230 wrote:
          Hello everyone!

I have 2 questions:

1)Do you have any ideas how to prevent some errors, when installing JAVA updates in a server w2003 running Apache Tomcat and IIS.
          No because you're not even giving information about the errors you're getting. I can venture a guess that they are related to (wrong) user and/or filesystem rights
          2)Do you know why whenever I run javac -version in some servers this command wont work?
          Yes, the java bin directory isn't on the PATH; very, very basic system administrative knowledge

And this is a programming forum, not a tech support forum. The help people can give you with installation related issues is very limited.
          • 2. Re: Installing Java Updates /Apache Tomcat
            Please reply if you have knowledge about this, since this is not a forum related to these kind of topics, but I know some gurus might know the answer! I know some people with experience might have had issues so far.

Thanks in advanced!