3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 4, 2013 2:42 PM by Amatu Allah Neveen Ebrahim RSS

How can I change the X and Y position for all the form

LuKKa
      Hello All
      I wan to change the WINDOW property's X and Y position to "0" to all my forms .
      Is there anything in config file where we can change and it will reflect to all the forms in server ? Or there is only one way to change this and that is window property ?
        • 1. Re: How can I change the X and Y position for all the form
          CraigB
          There is not a generic environment setting you can change that would effect all forms.

You could write code in a When-Window-Activated trigger that sets the X/Y coordinates of activated window and then subclass this trigger into all of your forms. Unfortunately, this requires you to subclass this trigger into all of your forms. The positive side-affect is that once done - if you need to change the X/Y coordinates again you only have to change them in the original trigger and then recompile your forms for the change to propogate to all of your forms.

Craig...
          • 2. Re: How can I change the X and Y position for all the form
            AlexDiniasi
            Hello Lukka.

You can take use of JDAPI, by creating a java class that changes the window position.
            Advantage of using JDAPI is the ability of changing all the Forms in a batch.

As a starting point you can follow these metalink notes:
            How To Implement The Code From 'A JDAPI Programming Example' From Forms Online Help (Doc ID 428083.1)
            Sample Code JDAPI: change Font for all Items, Prompts, Boilerplates, Frames (Doc ID 452705.1)

Regards,
            Alex

If someone's answer is helpful or correct please mark it accordingly.

Edited by: AlexDiniasi on 04.04.2013 19:36
            • 3. Re: How can I change the X and Y position for all the form
              Amatu Allah Neveen Ebrahim
              Hi Lukka
              i do recommend the following...

1. create a template from
              2. create an object group to drag any trigger u want to apply on the whole application
              3. create an object library & drag the object group to this library.
              4.attach the object library to ur forms application.
              5.drag the trigger and attach to each form as a subclass copy for changes to take effects in the whole application.

Note.any changes Will be made in the template from where u write the trigger then remove the old trigger from object group and re attach the modified one to object library after remove the old one.

Amatu Allah