This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 4, 2013 3:11 PM by zooid RSS

Call a procedure from within javascript

zooid Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I would like some help on the following please.

I have a javascript script on the page "Function and Global Variable Declaration" area:
function openUrl(pUrl) {
  window.open(pUrl,"_blank","toolbar=no, location=no, directories=no, status=no, menubar=no, scrollbars=yes, resizable=yes, copyhistory=no, width=1024, height=768");
}
In the same page a have a number of classic reports. A number of columns in each of these reports define a link. The link parameters for all of this columns are set as follow:
Target: URL
URL: javascript:openUrl('http://#SERVERNAME#:9704/xmlpserver/Publications/Dock_Report.xdo?_xpf=&_xpt=0&_xdo=%2FPublications%2FDock_Report.xdo&_xmode=4&_paramsID_USU=#ID_USU#&_paramsIDCR=#IDCR#&_paramsIDCU=#IDCU#&_xt=DPol_Layout&_xf=pdf&_xautorun=true');
As you see, the application user click the link on the report column and a popup is generated displaying the report. This all works fine.

My requirement is to call a procedure passing the augments which are included in the column link which was clicked by the application user.
#ID_USU#
#IDCR#
#IDCU#
My question is how can achieve this considering that the url is inside a javascript call?

Can I use the Javascritp define in the page to extract this details and then use javascript to call a procedure?

Any help, pointers, ideas, anything is welcome.

Application Express 4.0.2.00.07

Thank you

Edited by: zooid on Apr 4, 2013 10:47 PM
  • 1. Re: Call a procedure from within javascript
    trent Expert
    Have you seen this javascript API? http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17556_01/doc/apirefs.40/e15519/javascript_api.htm#BGBJHEHG

There's the handy function: apex.submit(pOptions);

specify URL target as:

javascript:rowClick('#ID_USU#', '#IDCRM#', '#IDCU#');

Then add a function to your page somewhere:
    function rowClick(idUsu, idcrm idcu){

openUrl(/*url*/);
      apex.submit({request: "SOME_REQUEST_VALUE", set: {Px_ID_USU: idUsu, Px_IDCRM: idcrm, Px_IDCU: idcu}});

}
    (Where you have page items for each of the items you want to set.

THen you can have a PL/SQL page process, conditional of request = expression 1, expression 1 = SOME_REQUEST_VALUE

And do whatever you like ;-)
  • 2. Re: Call a procedure from within javascript
    zooid Newbie
    Trent,

To cool.

Thank you, I owe you one.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points