2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 4, 2013 5:11 PM by zooid RSS

Call a procedure from within javascript

I would like some help on the following please.

I have a javascript script on the page "Function and Global Variable Declaration" area:
      function openUrl(pUrl) {
        window.open(pUrl,"_blank","toolbar=no, location=no, directories=no, status=no, menubar=no, scrollbars=yes, resizable=yes, copyhistory=no, width=1024, height=768");
      In the same page a have a number of classic reports. A number of columns in each of these reports define a link. The link parameters for all of this columns are set as follow:
      Target: URL
      URL: javascript:openUrl('http://#SERVERNAME#:9704/xmlpserver/Publications/Dock_Report.xdo?_xpf=&_xpt=0&_xdo=%2FPublications%2FDock_Report.xdo&_xmode=4&_paramsID_USU=#ID_USU#&_paramsIDCR=#IDCR#&_paramsIDCU=#IDCU#&_xt=DPol_Layout&_xf=pdf&_xautorun=true');
      As you see, the application user click the link on the report column and a popup is generated displaying the report. This all works fine.

My requirement is to call a procedure passing the augments which are included in the column link which was clicked by the application user.
      My question is how can achieve this considering that the url is inside a javascript call?

Can I use the Javascritp define in the page to extract this details and then use javascript to call a procedure?

Any help, pointers, ideas, anything is welcome.

Application Express

Thank you

Edited by: zooid on Apr 4, 2013 10:47 PM
        • 1. Re: Call a procedure from within javascript
          Have you seen this javascript API? http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17556_01/doc/apirefs.40/e15519/javascript_api.htm#BGBJHEHG

There's the handy function: apex.submit(pOptions);

specify URL target as:

javascript:rowClick('#ID_USU#', '#IDCRM#', '#IDCU#');

Then add a function to your page somewhere:
          function rowClick(idUsu, idcrm idcu){
            apex.submit({request: "SOME_REQUEST_VALUE", set: {Px_ID_USU: idUsu, Px_IDCRM: idcrm, Px_IDCU: idcu}});
          (Where you have page items for each of the items you want to set.

THen you can have a PL/SQL page process, conditional of request = expression 1, expression 1 = SOME_REQUEST_VALUE

And do whatever you like ;-)
          • 2. Re: Call a procedure from within javascript

To cool.

Thank you, I owe you one.