6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 20, 2013 9:51 AM by 1009224 RSS

OUI-10133: Invalid staging area. There are no top level components for Win

When I'm trying to install Siebel Web Client on Windows 7 (x64) I get the error message:
      OUI-10133: Invalid staging area. There are no top level components for Windows NT, Windows 2000 available for installation in this staging area.

I've checked if there is products.xml file and FROM_LOCATION variable and it seems okay.
      The error is showed when installer is trying to update lan.rsp file.
      There is "The installation of Siebel Web Client was successful." string at the end of installActions2013-04-05_02-20-18PM.log file.

I tried to install Web Client by using the manual described at "Oracle Siebel CRM Developers Handbook".

Edited by: 998283 on Apr 5, 2013 4:47 AM
        • 1. Re: OUI-10133: Invalid staging area. There are no top level components for Win
          jiyong
          You can find a lot of helpful tips here: http://www.mroshaw.co.uk/OllerenshawIT/index.php/2011/06/597/
          • 2. Re: OUI-10133: Invalid staging area. There are no top level components for Win
            Turning on admin rights doesn't help. The same error message is showed.
            • 3. Re: OUI-10133: Invalid staging area. There are no top level components for Win
              jiyong
              Can you start over from extracting the JAR files?

I don't see any errors for Windows, but I do see that error for other OS's.
              Perhaps you can have a look at the following post on Supportweb: Fix Pack 8.1.1.9 Installation Hang [ID 1534518.1]
              • 4. Re: OUI-10133: Invalid staging area. There are no top level components for Win
                Penky
                it might not help you, but I've seen this error a lot without any specific reason.

I built an installation package which installs fine on 8 out of 10 machines, but the other 2 experience your error message. Sometimes after uninstalling and re-installing a few times manually, it just works. Yes, sometimes it also helps to give admin rights to the user.

Welcome to Oracle Universal Installer :-)))))
                • 5. Re: OUI-10133: Invalid staging area. There are no top level components for Win
                  I'll describe my actions step by step.

1) Extracted all files from:
                  Siebel Business Applications Version 8.1.1.0 ImageCreator Files.zip
                  Siebel Business Applications Version 8.1.1.0 Siebel Client (Part 1 of 2).zip
                  Siebel Business Applications Version 8.1.1.0 Siebel Client (Part 2 of 2).zip
                  Siebel Business Applications Version 8.1.1.0 Siebel Client Part 2 (Part 1 of 2).zip
                  Siebel Business Applications Version 8.1.1.0 Siebel Client Part 2 (Part 2 of 2).zip
                  Siebel Business Applications Version 8.1.1.0 Siebel Tools.zip

2) Ran Windows_ImageCreator.exe with admin rigths.

3) Create new image -> D:\Siebel_Install_Image -> Windows -> Siebel Tools, Siebel Web Client, Siebel Sample Database

4) Added http://localhost and http://rlaptop to the allowed sites list. Changed the security level to low and set IE as default browser.

5) Ran d:\Siebel_Install_Image\8.1.1.0\Windows\Client\Siebel_Web_Client\Disk1\install\oui.exe with admin rights and compatibility mode for WinXP

6) name: Siebel8_home1, path: D:\Siebel\8.1\Client_1 (default settings) -> Checking has been finished successfully -> English -> -> Mobile Web Client -> Siebel Remote Server: CHANGE_ME -> Install

7) error.

Edited by: 998283 on Apr 10, 2013 10:56 PM
                  • 6. Re: OUI-10133: Invalid staging area. There are no top level components for Win

The problem is with the Windows_Image_Creator.exe. I had the same issue and I was able to fix it.

- I had a Windows 7 machine (32 bit and 64 bit , both run to the same issue), and tried to install Siebel 8.1.1.0 Developer Web Client (before applying the fix pack 8.1.1.10).

- The installer was throwing the following error "OUI-10133: Invalid staging area. There are no top level components for Windows NT, Windows 2000 available for installation in this staging area. " just before the installation is finished.

- Here are the steps I have done to fix the problem:

1- Go to "C:\Siebel_Install_Image\8.1.1.0\Windows\Client\Siebel_Web_Client\Disk1\stage\langs\en " and check if you have 2 folders (Disk1, Translations). If you do NOT find the folder named "Disk1" then continue with this solution otherwise this                     solution does not apply to you.

2- The problem is that the Windows_Image_Creator.exe did not create the folder called "Disk1" in the previous path mentioned in step1. So we have to fix this by running the windows image creator again to create the client image correctly.

3- Before running the windows image creator, go to where the JAR files are, in my case: "C:\Siebel_Install_Image\JAR_8.1.1.0" and look for the two following JAR files:  

- SBA_8.1.1.0_Base_Windows_Siebel_Web_Client

- SBA_8.1.1.0_enu_Windows_Siebel_Web_Client

The problem was here: the Windows_Image_Creator.exe picked only the Base JAR file to create the client install image and for some reasons  it did not include the second JAR file which is the language file enu.

4- So my way to get through this was:

a- Moved the Base JAR file SBA_8.1.1.0_Base_Windows_Siebel_Web_Client away to a different location (ex: to Desktop)

b- Renamed the language enu JAR file from  SBA_8.1.1.0_enu_Windows_Siebel_Web_Client       to     SBA_8.1.1.0_Base_Windows_Siebel_Web_Client

c- Run the Windows_Image_Creator.exe. again to create (fix) the Siebel Web Client install image (DO NOT delete the client image that was created before, this step will only fix the existing image by adding the missing folder Disk1)

d- After the the installer is finished, go back to "C:\Siebel_Install_Image\8.1.1.0\Windows\Client\Siebel_Web_Client\Disk1\stage\langs\en" and make sure that now you see two folders (Disk1, Translations)

5- Try to install the Client again, and hopefully this time will work.

Good Luck.