This content has been marked as final. Show 3 replies
Got it resolved finally. Monitored the Event logs on the server and found that there was a rogue export and a validation in the Database which i could not delete from the Web Client as when i tried to delete them it gave me the same
An item with the same key has already been added+ ERROR.
Had to clean it up from the back end DB tables.
Migration client works fine now.
First and foremost as you've rightly put it - It is not advised to touch the tables unless there is absolutely not other way out.
- In my case I had to delete a validation - Now here, Validation_Definition table is primary table for validations.
- Find out all the dependent foreign keys for the primary key I_VALIDATION_ID by getting a list of table names which have this column, you can get that by querying ALL_TAB_COLUMNS table.
- Now take a backup of all the tables from on which you would be running a delete. e.g. CREATE TABLE TABLENAME AS SELECT * FROM (TABLENAME of the table to delete from).
- Now you will have to follow a sequence in deleting as you would already know it... Delete first from all the foreign key tables and then finally from the Primary key table.
- This would have some extra steps if I_VALIDATION_ID exists as a foreign key in another Primary key Table e.g. RM_EXPORT where I_EXPORT_ID is a primary key. In such cases you will have to delete the export first from the web client and then execute the deletions for corrupted validation as in this case.
Not sure if I was clear enough... but these are the steps i took. Hope this is helpful.