2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 16, 2013 3:27 AM by Desmo_MKIII RSS

ODC - Created cabinets not appearing

Desmo_MKIII
      Hey

My original installation of ODC used a local Sql Express database, but I recently moved it over to use our corporate Oracle database environment via an ODBC. While this process was troublesome (had trouble getting the Oracle client to work) I eventually got around it and thought I was ok. However, then one one my cabinets (APCabinet_OFR) went missing. When I looked in the administration pane, I could see one (APCabinet_KFI) but not the other.

I recreated the cabinet and did a refresh, but it wasn't there again. I thought I had a db issue, so I check the ECFILECABINET table, and the missing cabinet was there. I did a restart of the app and the machine with no change in effect.

I switched back to the Sql Express database, and sure enough, both cabinets showed up. I created a new one and it showed up too.

An ideas?

Cheers,
      A
        • 1. Re: ODC - Created cabinets not appearing
          Desmo_MKIII
          Bump - one last try before I go off and raise an SR.
          Anyone have any ideas?
          • 2. Re: ODC - Created cabinets not appearing
            Desmo_MKIII
            I am going to answer my own question as I have had some help from an SR.

Here's what I had to do to get it to work:
            - Download the 32 bit client (both these packages)
                 - Instant Client Package - Basic: All files required to run OCI, OCCI, and JDBC-OCI applications
                 - Instant Client Package - ODBC: Additional libraries for enabling ODBC applications
            - Extract both to the same folder and run the odbc_install.exe
            - Download and Install the 32 bit ODAC
            - Create a TNSNames.ora file and set the env variable TNS_ADMIN
            - Open ODC and Configure a new "other" database connection
                 - Choose “Oracle Provider for OLE DB” and set the database as the same name in the TNSNames.ora file
                 - Initialise the database

Hope this is helpful to someone else.