My original installation of ODC used a local Sql Express database, but I recently moved it over to use our corporate Oracle database environment via an ODBC. While this process was troublesome (had trouble getting the Oracle client to work) I eventually got around it and thought I was ok. However, then one one my cabinets (APCabinet_OFR) went missing. When I looked in the administration pane, I could see one (APCabinet_KFI) but not the other.
I recreated the cabinet and did a refresh, but it wasn't there again. I thought I had a db issue, so I check the ECFILECABINET table, and the missing cabinet was there. I did a restart of the app and the machine with no change in effect.
I switched back to the Sql Express database, and sure enough, both cabinets showed up. I created a new one and it showed up too.
I am going to answer my own question as I have had some help from an SR.
Here's what I had to do to get it to work:
- Download the 32 bit client (both these packages)
- Instant Client Package - Basic: All files required to run OCI, OCCI, and JDBC-OCI applications
- Instant Client Package - ODBC: Additional libraries for enabling ODBC applications
- Extract both to the same folder and run the odbc_install.exe
- Download and Install the 32 bit ODAC
- Create a TNSNames.ora file and set the env variable TNS_ADMIN
- Open ODC and Configure a new "other" database connection
- Choose “Oracle Provider for OLE DB” and set the database as the same name in the TNSNames.ora file
- Initialise the database
Hope this is helpful to someone else.