4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 9, 2013 4:27 AM by 998698 RSS

Exit button not working when entering wrong date

how do I get the message not to appear by day Invalid (Frm-50004) in forms
        • 1. Re: Exit button not working when entering wrong date
          Srikkanth.M
          Hi,

Just tell ur requirement clearly, What is ur requirement and what to achieve.

You have already opened a question regarding this and again you have asked the same thing without any clear information.

Can you post ur requirement clearly, that what u have written under button and what u r trying to achieve.

Thanks & Regards
          Srikkanth.M
          • 2. Re: Exit button not working when entering wrong date
            dear Shrikant,

i have one item start_date whose data type is Date and format mask is DD/MM/RRRR ,

when i m entering worng date it is showing below message which i kept on ON-ERROR trigger of start_date item with an error code 50004 ;

"FRM-50004: Day must be between 1 and last of month."

as i m entering wrong date i want to exit my form but my exit button is not working properly.

The message appears several times, about 3 or 4 times, because the focus is on the text item to the date, and is firing the trigger ON-ERROR, debugging the code, you notice that after the message back running the line "IF", because the error frm-50004 can not be erased, is giving this error all the time because the focus is on her text item!

i have kept my push buttons mouse and keyboard navigation property to "NO".

then also it is not working tell me if any solution is there.
            • 3. Re: Exit button not working when entering wrong date
              Srikkanth.M
              Hi,

So ur requirement is when u enter wrong date ur form need to exit.

So in the ON_ERROR trigger write the code

IF ERROR_type ='FRM' AND ERROR_code = 50004 THEN
              Give a message and Exit_FORM;

End if;

Regards
              Srikkanth
              • 4. Re: Exit button not working when entering wrong date
                i had already done that then also it is not working actually when i m pressing exit button it first go to on_error triigger which i dont want i want it should directly exit the form not going here and there