This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 9, 2013 2:02 AM by tony.g RSS

Run_Report_Object  Issue

user8833410 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Dear All,

I am facing one issue in oracle 11g and Forms11g and Reports11g.

Iam calling a report from Form level using the syntax Run_Report_Object but it is taking more time to execute in the server .

In the server i am having Dev and Test Instance for the same IP. But same report is working fine in Dev and but not working in Test Instance.

Please any body suggestions will be highly appreciated..

vvv
  • 1. Re: Run_Report_Object  Issue
    tony.g Journeyer
    Hi

I think you need to give us more information to be able to help you.

Are the test and dev instances the same in tables and indexing and data quantities.

What information do you have to tell you that all is not well when running the report in the test instance?

rgds
    Tony
  • 2. Re: Run_Report_Object  Issue
    user8833410 Newbie
    Hi,

thanks for the reply.. structure is same in both Dev and Test but in Test instance data is different ..

Just for Printing i used a test fmb and test rdf to display some label...

The same is working in Dev hardly taking 1 sec...but in Test Instanct taking around 1.5 Minutes...which is not acceptable.

pls what could be reason.

Thanks in advance

vvv
  • 3. Re: Run_Report_Object  Issue
    tony.g Journeyer
    Does the test instance have a larger quantity of data?

It could be an poorly indexed query in the report.

Again you are not really providing us with enough information to assist with resolving your problem.

rgds
    Tony
  • 4. Re: Run_Report_Object  Issue
    user8833410 Newbie
    Hi,

see in the Server(say some IP : 220.190.243.190) Two Instances Dev and Test with different Ports for ex: 1000 and 2000 resp. Datawise there is no issue in running the report.

the report if we run in Dev inst is working fine with in 1 sec.. same report running in Test instance taking 1.5 minutes.

I found out the issue in RUN_REPORT_OBJECT command, taking more time in Test Instance why?

any suggestions may be appreciable..

Thanks in advance

vvvv
  • 5. Re: Run_Report_Object  Issue
    tony.g Journeyer
    But again you've not really given us any additional significant information.

Does the test instance have a larger quantity of data than the dev?

Can you isolate a main SQL statement in the report then run this in a query tool against the two databases and time it?

rgds
    Tony

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points