4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2013 1:54 AM by Hemant K Chitale RSS

Clone from recovery catalog

Faruk.m
      Hi,

Every month i am doing duplicate from prod to test database,from coming month i have to change my strategy to do clone from standby instead of production.so i have created recovery catalog and registered my standby.my queston ,is it possible to do duplicate from recovery catalog to test database.if possible,this is my connection
      rman catalog rman/rman123@catdb auxiliary /;,and i should do any modification in Recovery catalog. pls suggest me to do the cloning from RC.if possible

my database 10.2.aix server.

Regards
      Faruk
        • 1. Re: Clone from recovery catalog
          Salman Qureshi
          Hi,
          is it possible to do duplicate from recovery catalog to test database
          What do you mean by this? If you mean "How to create a clone of a database from standby database", see bellow.

http://gavinsoorma.com/2012/04/performing-a-database-clone-using-a-data-guard-physical-standby-database/

Salman
          • 2. Re: Clone from recovery catalog
            Faruk.m
            HI,

thank you for ur time,i read that blog,but i need to know method of cloning from RC.pls suggest me if u know the steps.

Regards
            Faruk
            • 3. Re: Clone from recovery catalog
              Salman Qureshi
              Again same question from my side, what do you mean by "cloning from recovery catalog"? If you are connected to recovery catalog, it will be used during clone operation. By the way, why this question is bothering you and how will it make any difference?

Salman
              • 4. Re: Clone from recovery catalog
                Hemant K Chitale
                You can use a recovery catalog when doing a cloning / DUPLICATE.

Note, however, the 10.2 restrictions on the DUPLICATE Command : http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B19306_01/backup.102/b14194/rcmsynta028.htm#RCMRF126

You must be connected to both the target database and auxiliary instance. The auxiliary instance must be started with the NOMOUNT option, and the target database must be mounted or open. The target database cannot be a standby database.

Hemant K Chitale