2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 11, 2013 2:59 PM by Sunthar Tharmalingam RSS

Latest Technology

user11855293
      Hi, I am new to Database and need one confirmation that which will be the best technology I should Learn. Is it SQL or PL/SQL or Cloud Computing.I have knowledge in C,C++.
        • 1. Re: Latest Technology
          riedelme
          Welcome to Oracle Technology Network.

This is not really the place for this question. The title of this forum is SQL Developer (Not for general SQL/PL/SQL questions) indicating that this forum is specifically for questions about SQL*Developer, a GUI utility used to work with the Oracle database. A better choice for this quesition would be the General Questions Forum under Oracle Database in the main menu General Database Discussions

But since you are new and are here anyway ...
          user11855293 wrote:
          Hi, I am new to Database and need one confirmation that which will be the best technology I should Learn. Is it SQL or PL/SQL or Cloud Computing.I have knowledge in C,C++.
          All of the above. You will need SQL to work with PL/SQL. SQL is a data retrival and manipulation language that PL/SQL uses. Cloud computing is a new technology that sould probe useful. You should keep your knowledge in C and C++ current if you can since they are useful skills to have; both can communcate with Oracle.

Good luck.
          • 2. Re: Latest Technology
            Sunthar Tharmalingam
            I would highly encourage that you focus on specific Job role first as Oracle gots 100s of products. To get more details in terms of Oracle’s job roles, please refer to the following URL. This should guide you in terms of the verticals that you need to master.

http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getjobpage?page_id=306&p_jobrole_id=1