This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 11, 2013 9:02 AM by 1002531 RSS

how to find out my login

1002531 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I have installed oracle database 11g enterprise edition but when I go to the "get started" section, I get stopped by a login screen. How do I find out my credentials, it doesn't appear to be the same credentials as the oracle website sign in?
  • 1. Re: how to find out my login
    clcarter Expert
    Same credential as specified in the installer, if you're looking at the apex admin page ...:8080/apex/f?p=4950 try system for the login, password the value that was entered in the installer dialog box ...
  • 2. Re: how to find out my login
    Bas de Klerk Pro
    Hi,

you're posting in the express edition forum but are talking about enterprise edition.... there are major differences between them. I assume your using XE ( express edition ).

When asked for a login this should be a database account. During installation at least 2 accounts are created. User sys and system
    Both of them have a password which you entered during installation ( check http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17781_01/install.112/e18803.pdf )
    If you forgot those there are ways to recover from that ( start sqlplus and connect as internal, change the passwords of those users and try again ), but a reinstall and writing down the passwords might also be an option if your not familiar with oracle yet :)

Regards
    Bas
  • 3. Re: how to find out my login
    1002531 Newbie
    Thank you, all sorted :)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points