This content has been marked as final. Show 5 replies
Can you please elaborate a bit more about your current app to understand better and advise accordingly.
We have a custom ESS Job which loads the data into one table into Fusion using SQL*Loader. In this Job we have a parameter which gives the user a flexibility to load all or an entity specific data for ex: Locations, Organizations etc.
What we would like to do is to attach a LOV to this Parameter, so that whenevelr an user try to submit the Job they should be able to select from the list of values. (Similar to EBS where we create a independent valueset and attach it to the Concurrent Program parameter).
Does any one got any solution for this?
will appreciate a quick help.
Is there any update over the same?
We are struggling to get this done.
Any help would be appreciated.
Sorry I missed it somehow. So, assuming currently the job parameter is a text box. Here, is what you can do.
1. Create a new Fusion application with a model project in it. Then Create a new view object with data based on static values type in the JDeveloper.
2. Create a new Fusion Applications Customization Application based on the exploded EAR
3. Open the page you want to change by customize option and then keep a note of the current binding value from the ess parameter inputText and then delete this field from UI.
4. Shuttle the newly created vo in the AM used for this page. For this to be available you will need to add your project created in step 1 as a library to the Customization application.
5. Now expand the data controls and drop the attribute from the VO as a LOV on your page and copy the value binding from the deleted field to this one.
Please note that the above approach should work but I have not personally tried or tested it. Also you will need to go through the extensibility guide for setting up your environment, to understand the customization process, and deploying it to test. Extensibility guide can be found [http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E15586_01/fusionapps.1111/e16691/toc.htm]
Thanks & Regards !
Fusion Apps Developer Relations
Please mark the response helpful or answered appropriately