4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2013 6:53 PM by Brandye Barrington-Oracle

Need help on Authentication code

User11051300-Oracle
      Hi,
      I have passed OCP10g paper# 1Z0-043 in 2009 and completed ILT in 11g in April 2013.
      Now I am trying to submit course completion form and it is asking for Authentication code.
      I tried class ID, enrollment ID, testing ID but no luck.
      Could any one help me on that..?

Note:
      When I passed OCP 10g paper the oracle training center was prometric now its pearson, please let me know if anything to do with this.

Thanks,
      Pankaj
        • 1. Re: Need help on Authentication code
          Matthew Morris
          When I passed OCP 10g paper the oracle training center was prometric now its pearson, please let me know if anything to do with this.
          The course submission form gets submitted from the Pearson Vue website. Are you saying you have never taken an exam at Pearson Vue? If so, you won't have an account there. You'll need to create a Pearson Vue account first before you can submit the hands-on course. make sure the account is created using the correct Oracle Testing ID.
          • 2. Re: Need help on Authentication code
            User11051300-Oracle
            Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have created the Pearson vue ID using prometric testing ID which was given at the time of exam.
            Pearson itself has created my oracle testing ID so now I am having both the ID's.

Now I am trying to submit course completion form using pearson vue account and selected appropriate track
            after clicking on next step to select "ILT "it is asking for Authentication code.
            Could u please tell me where can I get this authentication code?

Thanks,
            Pankaj
            • 3. Re: Need help on Authentication code
              Matthew Morris
              From the FAQ in the Certification Help center, it appears this is an OCM requirement only:

The course submission form is asking for an Authentication Code. What is that?
              DBA OCM candidates and Oracle Instructors will be required to include an Authentication Code in order to submit the OCM Success Kit Request form and the Instructor form. Candidates can obtain this code from Oracle Certification Support.

I would recommend leaving it blank.
              • 4. Re: Need help on Authentication code
                Brandye Barrington-Oracle
                1) You need to have your IDs merged, or your certification will not be granted because the database recognizes you as 2 different candidates. Contact Pearson VUE at pearsonvue.com/oracle/idmerge to take care of the ID merge.

2) I have tried to have a look at the system to see what the issue is that you might be experiencing, but the system is currently unavailable. One thing I can say is - be sure that you are selecting the correct certification option. An authentication code is required only for Instructors and OCMs. Be sure that you are not selecting an option that may indicate you are either. And, as Matthew mentions above, try leaving it blank.

Regards,
                Brandye Barrington
                Certification Forum Moderator