This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 24, 2013 5:17 PM by sdas RSS

Invalid login with CytoScape plugin

1003058 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello everybody,

I'm trying to connect to my Oracle 11.2 server instance through CytoScape 2.6.3, but I keep getting error ORA-01017: invalid username/password. I know for sure that my credentials are correct, and I also tried setting SEC_CASE_SENSITIVE_LOGON to FALSE, but that's not the problem.

By checking the dba_audit_session table I see that to each failed attempt corresponds a record that says:

OS_USERNAME: ssundara
USERNAME: (null)
+USERHOST: [My machine name]+

which seems quite odd to me.. Of course, when I connect through SqlDeveloper using the same credentials, the fileds os_username and username are correctly filled.

Also, in Cytoscape Error console I get the following warnings (though, as the warnings themselves say, the problem shouldn't affect the plugin operations):

+1+
+cytoscape.plugin.PluginManager[WARN]: ERROR registering plugin: Unable to load plugin.props. File is not in the expected location: oracle/graph/RDF/cytoscape Unable to load plugin.props. File is not in the expected location: oracle/graph/RDF/cytoscape java.io.IOException: Unable to load plugin.props. File is not in the expected location: oracle/graph/RDF/cytoscape at cytoscape.plugin.PluginProperties.readPluginProperties(PluginProperties.java:89) at cytoscape.plugin.PluginProperties. (PluginProperties.java:76) at cytoscape.plugin.PluginManager.registerPlugin(PluginManager.java:356) at cytoscape.plugin.PluginManager.register(PluginManager.java:345) at cytoscape.plugin.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java:951) at cytoscape.plugin.PluginManager.loadURLPlugins(PluginManager.java:901) at cytoscape.plugin.PluginManager.loadPlugins(PluginManager.java:796) at cytoscape.CytoscapeInit.init(CytoscapeInit.java:259) at cytoscape.CyMain. (CyMain.java:155) at cytoscape.CyMain.main(CyMain.java:119)+

+2+
+cytoscape.plugin.PluginManager[WARN]: oracle.graph.RDF.cytoscape.RDFVisualizer loaded but not registered, this will not affect the operation of the plugin+

I've tried to look around for solutions, but I couldn't find any answer. The problem seems to be located in the Oracle's CytoScape Plugin, but I wouldn't know how to resolve it. Does anyone have any idea?

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points