2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2013 5:49 AM by gimbal2 RSS

Game Launch on Mac

I want to launch a game I am helping develop on a Mac. On windows it is launched with a .bat containing
      set path=%PATH%;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_14\bin
      java -Djava.library.path=natives/ -cp GameClient.jar;slick.jar;slick-util.jar;lwjgl.jar;lwjgl_util.jar
      but I do not know how to launch it on a mac. A .app does not work because it says that the classic something or another is no longer supported, and I have no clue what to do. Thank you very much in advance, and I will try to remember to check this. Also, if there is an admin\mod who know of a better place for this, please move it to there and tell me in an email at XXXX. Fits me, doesn't it?

Mod: email removed. Don't draw discussion away from the forums.

Edited by: PhHein on 17.04.2013 09:19
        • 1. Re: Game Launch on Mac
          The equivalent is OSX shell scripts but there might be a better way to launch an executable. Just as just a batch file probably doesn't work for most apps on java (versus something like a shortcut or a custom start executable.)
          • 2. Re: Game Launch on Mac
            yeah well Java 6 on Mac is still the Apple product, not Oracle. So this is really not the place to ask about such matters.

In any case: I would look for a jar wrapper tool that can produce a bootstrapping native for Mac. This seems promising: