0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 15, 2013 10:45 PM by teedub RSS

How do I configure Listener2 to use the advanced connectionType?

teedub
      Hi

I am trying to configure the db.customURL parameter of the listener2 config file according to the Installation and Configuration Guide Release 2.0. But it does not work:

SEVERE: The pool named: comnprd_db is not correctly configured, error: Invalid Oracle URL specified: OracleDataSource.makeURL
      oracle.dbtools.common.jdbc.ConnectionPoolException: The pool named: comnprd_db is not correctly configured, error: Invalid Oracle URL specified: OracleDataSource.makeURL

Here is the config file. The file without the connectionType and customURL parameters works fine. But when I add these two, it fails with the above error.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
      <!DOCTYPE properties SYSTEM "http://java.sun.com/dtd/properties.dtd">
      <properties>
      <comment>Saved on Tue Mar 12 12:41:59 WST 2013</comment>
      <entry key="db.connectionType">advanced</entry>
      <entry key="db.hostname">exadr-scan</entry>
      <entry key="db.password">@058918A5274D8977B7E8D20B85A4C43ED03E5E17D5979023839E6A6F8F3529EAF3</entry>
      <entry key="db.servicename">comntst_apex.rac.com.au</entry>
      <entry key="db.username">APEX_PUBLIC_USER</entry>
      <entry key="db.customURL">jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP) (HOST=exadr-scan)(PORT=1521))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=comntst_apex.rac.com.au)))</entry>
      </properties>

The custom URL works fine in other situations, so I assume that there is something that I have omitted to do when I edited the config.

I will really appreciate any thought on where my configuration change has failed.

trevor