This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 17, 2013 12:02 AM by Kayaman RSS

Acess control in JSF

1003372 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I have some doubts about how I can create my control acess using JSF. I have already created this type of control in a desktop application, however is not equals in web applications. In my desktop application I had 3 entity's User, Menu and Permission. With this I defined what user's could be acess the menu. But in the web application, how can I do this? I don't think this is a good solution for web.

Anybody have a suggestion?

I am using:
Hibernate, Spring and Primefaces.
  • 1. Re: Acess control in JSF
    gimbal2 Guru
    1000369 wrote:
    I don't think this is a good solution for web.
    Its "access control" - when you have the right terminology, google might give you better results.

But don't stop now, apparently you have an opinion here which should have some sort of reasoning at its base. So why do you think that its not a good design "for the web"? What do you think is different?
  • 2. Re: Acess control in JSF
    1003372 Newbie
    Hi gimbal2,

I used this words because I am understanding how can I do this.
    In my searches, some people use filters or JAAS for to control access in their pages.
    I liked it and I am searching a good material, do you know something? JAAS is only used with JBoos, it is correct?
  • 3. Re: Acess control in JSF
    gimbal2 Guru
    1000369 wrote:
    I liked it and I am searching a good material, do you know something? JAAS is only used with JBoos, it is correct?
    Research more then, because your conclusions are not correct and even far fetched.

JAAS is indeed an API for authorization AND authentication. Any application server provides support for it to manage user authentication ("login") at least. If you want to know more about it, I suggest googling for articles. So far I have not seen any reason for you to post in a forum, you have no problems and your research is leading you into worthwhile areas to investigate. So go do that.
  • 4. Re: Acess control in JSF
    Kayaman Guru
    1000369 wrote:
    JAAS is only used with JBoss, it is correct?
    No, that's incorrect. JAAS is not JBoss specific in any way.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points