1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply: Aug 14, 2013 9:12 AM by user10601683 RSS

Unable to Re-deploy PTPORTALREGISTRY

aclm_219
      Hi,

We're currently integrating Oracle SES with PeopleSoft. We're able to establish the connection between the 2 and search definition has been deployed. Upon testing the Global Search functionality, it's returning incorrect results especially if we're searching PeopleTools - related page / menu. We undeployed 'PTPORTALREGISTRY' search definition but we're not able to re-deploy it. We're getting the error below:

XML parser error CreateXmlDoc Fatal Error: at file Integration Server line: 1 column: 29 message: The XML or Text declaration must start at line/column 1/1 (159,5) PT_SEARCH.SESIMPL.MESSAGE.QueryResponse.OnExecute Name:QueryResponse PCPC:399 Statement:7
      Called from:PT_SEARCH.SESIMPL.QueryService.OnExecute Name:doService Statement:436
      Called from:PT_SEARCH.SESIMPL.QueryService.OnExecute Name:GetAllAttributes Statement:547
      Called from:PT_SEARCH.SESIMPL.UTILITY.DeploymentManager.OnExecute Name:GetAllAttributes Statement:106
      Called from:PT_SEARCH.SESIMPL.AdminService.OnExecute Name:AddPSFTSources Statement:102
      Called from:PTSF_DP_SBO_WRK.PTSF_DEPLOY_BTN.Fi

XML parse error

Service Exception: ns2:DependentObjectFault : EQA-16001: The dependent object "PTPORTALREGISTRY" referenced in object with key "[name=PTPORTALREGISTRY_HR92DMO]" and type "sourceGroup" was not found. (262,1018) PT_SEARCH.SESIMPL.MESSAGE.AdminResponse.OnExecute Name:AdminResponse PCPC:1452 Statement:20
      Called from:PT_SEARCH.SESIMPL.AdminService.OnExecute Name:doService Statement:894
      Called from:PT_SEARCH.SESIMPL.AdminService.OnExecute Name:createAll Statement:840
      Called from:PT_SEARCH.SESIMPL.AdminService.OnExecute Name:AddCategories Statement:59
      Called from:PTSF_DP_SBO_WRK.PTSF_DEPLOY_BTN.FieldChange Statement:189

Service Exception

Can you please help us with our issue? Thanks!

Regards,

Ann Miranda
        • 1. Re: Unable to Re-deploy PTPORTALREGISTRY
          HakanBiroglu
          Have a look at the pdf Admin_and_Troubleshoot_SES_Search_Activation in the following doc
          PeopleSoft HCM 9.1: PeopleSoft SES Search (Application Search and Search Pages) [ID 1373050.1]

See page 30 Resolving Deploy Search Definition Errors.

Hope it helps.

Hakan
          • 2. Re: Unable to Re-deploy PTPORTALREGISTRY
            aclm_219
            Hi Hakan,

Thanks for your prompt response. Unfortunately, the solution provided in the document did not work for us. The 'PTPORTALREGISTRY' search definition was already undeployed in PS and its source group no longer exists in Oracle SES.

Please note that this error occurs in all our environments FS, HR and EP. It's working before but when we undeployed then re-deployed search definitions, the error started to occur. It's the same error we ecnountered when we performed Diagnostic Test (PeopleTools > Search Framework > Utilities > Diagnostics). We stopped at Step 2: Deploy with the following error:

XML parser error CreateXmlDoc Fatal Error: at file Integration Server line: 1 column: 29 message: The XML or Text declaration must start at line/column 1/1 (159,5)

We think that the issue is with Oracle SES since all environments that points to that SES instance are encountering the same error. Would you know what should we look into SES? Would you recommend to re-install SES? Please advise. Thanks!

Regards,

Ann Miranda
            • 3. Re: Unable to Re-deploy PTPORTALREGISTRY
              HakanBiroglu
              I wouldn't uninstall SES yet, because the error being shown is a PeopleSoft error that an XML is unable to be parsed.
              Reinstallation should be your last resort.

Verify that Integration Broker is working properly, that the endpoint in SES is set correct and that the call back url is set correct in the the Search Instance page in PeopleSoft.
              Verify the default local nodes and the node ANONYMOUS are set to existing users.

Actually verify the steps as mentioned in the PeopleTools installation manual CHAPTER 11 Configuring Integration Between PeopleSoft PeopleTools and Oracle SES.

Hakan
              • 4. Re: Unable to Re-deploy PTPORTALREGISTRY
                aclm_219
                Hi Hakan,

We already verified that our setup is correct. We're able to ping Oracle SES from PS, test login to Oracle SES, test proxy login and call URL. We also bounced the Oracle SES, PS application and web servers but we still cannot deploy search definitions. :(

With our architecture, we're using 1 Oracle SES instance for FSCM, HRMS and ELM PS environments. The URL specified in the Identity Management Plug-in is HRMS' and user ID used is PS.

I think the problem is with the first sentence. We don't know where to find the PTPORTALREGISTRY_HR92DMO key or where is it defined since it's no longer exist in Oracle SES. Would you know any database table/record that may store this information? Maybe we just need to clean that record. Please advise. Thanks!

Service Exception: ns2:DependentObjectFault : EQA-16001: The dependent object "PTPORTALREGISTRY" referenced in object with key "[name=PTPORTALREGISTRY_HR92DMO]" and type "sourceGroup" was not found. (262,1018) PT_SEARCH.SESIMPL.MESSAGE.AdminResponse.OnExecute Name:AdminResponse PCPC:1452 Statement:20
                Called from:PT_SEARCH.SESIMPL.AdminService.OnExecute Name:doService Statement:894
                Called from:PT_SEARCH.SESIMPL.AdminService.OnExecute Name:createAll Statement:840
                Called from:PT_SEARCH.SESIMPL.AdminService.OnExecute Name:AddCategories Statement:59
                Called from:PTSF_DP_SBO_WRK.PTSF_DEPLOY_BTN.FieldChange Statement:189

Regards,

Ann
                • 5. Re: Unable to Re-deploy PTPORTALREGISTRY
                  HakanBiroglu
                  The error you see is an error raised by SES.
                  The troubleshooting guide for SES says you can clean the stale.
                  See the following configuration sections in SES:

Login to the SES Admin Console:
                  Delete the stale definitions from following tabs:
                  a.Home, Schedules
                  b.Home, Sources
                  c.Search, Source Groups

Hakan
                  • 6. Re: Unable to Re-deploy PTPORTALREGISTRY
                    aclm_219
                    Hi Hakan,

There are no stale definitions in our Oracle SES instance. When we undeployed the search definitions, they were automatically deleted from the SES instance.

Regards,

Ann
                    • 7. Re: Unable to Re-deploy PTPORTALREGISTRY
                      aclm_219
                      Hi Hakan,

We found the EQA error code we encountered in Oracle SES Admin API Guide -- > http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E14507_01/apirefs.1112/e14133/errors005.htm.

EQA-16001: The dependent object dependentObjectName referenced in object with key objectKey and type creatableType was not found.
                      Cause: A creatable administrative object referenced another object that did not exist, such as a schedule with an assigned source that was not created previously.
                      Action: Create the dependent object first.

As per the guide, we need to create the dependent object first (which is the PTPORTALREGISTRY in our case) before we hit the deploy button in PeopleSoft. Would you know where should we create it? Is in Oracle SES side or in PeopleSoft side? Also, can you please assist us on how to create the dependent object?

Thanks!

Ann
                      • 8. Re: Unable to Re-deploy PTPORTALREGISTRY
                        aclm_219
                        Hi,

Any updates on this? Thanks!

Regards,

Ann
                        • 9. Re: Unable to Re-deploy PTPORTALREGISTRY
                          I had the same issue, installing SES for 9.1/8.52, when I un-deployed the PTPORTALREGISTRY in HR and couldn't deploy again. I manually added the PTPORTALREGISTRY source in SES (as a PeopleSoft feed). I copied some of the parameters from the Finance PTPORTALREGISTRY, which I thankfully didn't un-deploy. I deleted all the other PS sources in SES from HR (probably didn't need to) and restarted SES.

I then tried to Deploy again in PS, this time I clicked the Report Sync Issues button first and it said that PTPORTALREGISTRY is already deployed. I ran the build index process and it seems to be working now.
                          • 10. Re: Unable to Re-deploy PTPORTALREGISTRY
                            aclm_219
                            Hi,

Thanks for your response. May I know how did you manually add the PTPORTALREGISTRY source in SES? What do you mean by PeopleSoft Feed? Also, what are the tables/records in SES that we should look at?

Regards,

Ann
                            • 11. Re: Unable to Re-deploy PTPORTALREGISTRY
                              Login to the SES admin console on the machine you installed SES. Usually the URL to get to the admin console is http://machinename.companynetwork:port/search/admin/control/login.jsp. Once you login, go the source tab and it should show all the sources there. Select PeopleSoft from the dropdown for source type and click on Create.

You can look at any existing PS sources and try to copy the parameters. My source name was PTPORTALREGISTRY_XXXX (where XXXX is database name e.g. HRDEV)
                              • 12. Re: Unable to Re-deploy PTPORTALREGISTRY
                                aclm_219
                                Hi,

Unfortunately, the solution you provided did not work for us. :( We're still encountering the error above.

Would you the tables/records related to Search Framework?

Regards,

Ann
                                • 13. Re: Unable to Re-deploy PTPORTALREGISTRY
                                  I would open a case with Oracle.

The only other thing I did with tables, was to run the below SQL to clear some search objects, not sure if it was needed:

delete from PS_PTSF_DEPLOY_OBJ
                                  • 14. Re: Unable to Re-deploy PTPORTALREGISTRY
                                    user13296669

Activate routings for Search Framework entries - Routing starting with 'PTSF' in service operations.

1 2 Previous Next