3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2013 6:08 AM by Helios-GunesEROL RSS

System upgrade

I currently am using Oracle 11g Standard edition and have four licensed servers and 8 licensed cpus running on 4 Dell PowerEdge 2900 III servers, each with two 2.5 GHz Intel Xeon E5420 4 core CPUs and would like to upgrade these machines to handle more load or traffic, any recommendations out there?
        • 1. Re: System upgrade
          rukbat
          999496 wrote:
          I currently am using Oracle 11g Standard edition and have four licensed servers and 8 licensed cpus running on 4 Dell PowerEdge 2900 III servers, each with two 2.5 GHz Intel Xeon E5420 4 core CPUs and would like to upgrade these machines to handle more load or traffic, any recommendations out there?
          You originally posted this to the Community Feedback (No Product Questions) forum,
          TWICE
          and were correctly told EACH TIME that you were in the wrong location for your post(s).

You next posted this to the Servers General Discussion forum.
          However your hardware isn't any of those brand names and you do not have a technical question related to the functionality of some hardware component in a Sun-branded/Oracle-branded system, so you again picked the wrong forum.

I have arranged to have this post moved to the Database Installation forum.
          Your statement in your post seems to suggest you have a question about the suitability of your hardware as required by a particular software program.
          • 2. Re: System upgrade
            Srini Chavali-Oracle
            Not sure what this has to do with Oracle database install ....
            • 3. Re: System upgrade
              Helios-GunesEROL
              Hi;
              1. What is excat db and OS?
              2. You have performance issue on your server?
              3. Do you want to upgrade server? If yes what kind of env. will have your new server

Regard
              Helios