3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 19, 2013 3:18 AM by Jonathan.Knight RSS

illegal argument exception unknown usertype com.dev.calc

Hi Guys,
      I am new to this technology, modified a custom pof file "calc-pof-config.xml" and pushed it onto the server.
      It was working earlier with the existing usertypes, I added two more user types into the config file. The client application is returning "Illegal argument exception: unknown user type com.dev.calc at com.tangosol.io.pof.configurablepofcontext.getUserTypeIdentifier".

Thanks in Advance
        • 1. Re: illegal argument exception unknown usertype com.dev.calc
          1- check that when coherence starts it is loading your custom pof file, you can do that checking the logs, it should same something linke loading POF configuration.... and the path to you file

2- make sure that the client is also using the same pof configuration file or at lesat a pof file which includes your type otherwise it won't be able to deserialize that object.

3- if you wnat, you can post your pof configuration file and the logs you see on both, server and client side.

Thanks,
          Carlos Curotto.
          • 2. Re: illegal argument exception unknown usertype com.dev.calc
            Thanks for your reply.

I have checked the coherence logs and can find Loading POF configuration "calc-pof-config.xml".
            Its loaded twice on the cluster and the distributed scheme.
            Could you please let me know how to include pof file (deploy) on the client side ( second point mentioned in your comments)
            • 3. Re: illegal argument exception unknown usertype com.dev.calc
              Jonathan.Knight
              Hi,

Is your client an Extend client? How you configure the POF configuration file to use depends on what your client side cache configuration file looks like. Assuming you have not hard coded a POF configuration file in the client side cache configuration file you should just be able to add -Dtangosol.pof.config=calc-pof-config.xml to the command line of the client.

JK