2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2013 8:53 PM by Hemant K Chitale RSS

rman backup restore instance and tablesapce

user11062519
      hi,

We are managing a huge amount of data warehouse on oracle 11.2.0.3.0. We need to take backup using rman of some tablespace not the whole database backup.
      we need a backup strategy in which we can restore the backup of some tablespace plus oracle instance if any disaster occur.

I have taken backup using rman on test db of system , sysaux , user tablespace then i restore these tablespace successfully and make the remaining tablespace offline , but while open the database it show me below error.
      My question is how i backup using rman so that in case of disaster i restore oracle instance plus specific tablespace not full database.

ERROR at line 1:
      ORA-01152: file 1 was not restored from a sufficiently old backup
      ORA-01110: data file 1: 'C:\APP\ADMINISTRATOR\ORADATA\SYSTEM\SYSTEM01.DBF'
        • 1. Re: rman backup restore instance and tablesapce
          DK2010
          We are managing a huge amount of data warehouse on oracle 11.2.0.3.0. We need to take backup using rman of some tablespace not the whole database backup.
          we need a backup strategy in which we can restore the backup of some tablespace plus oracle instance if any disaster occur.
          please go through with the link Transportable Tablespace Option:
          http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B19306_01/backup.102/b14191/ontbltrn.htm
          I have taken backup using rman on test db of system , sysaux , user tablespace then i restore these tablespace successfully and make the remaining tablespace offline , but while open the database it show me below error.
          My question is how i backup using rman so that in case of disaster i restore oracle instance plus specific tablespace not full database.

ERROR at line 1:
          ORA-01152: file 1 was not restored from a sufficiently old backup
          ORA-01110: data file 1: 'C:\APP\ADMINISTRATOR\ORADATA\SYSTEM\SYSTEM01.DBF'
          did you use the option like
          restore database;
          recover database;
          please provide the last 50 line of alert log file.
          • 2. Re: rman backup restore instance and tablesapce
            Hemant K Chitale
            See the documentation on TSPITR :

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/backup.112/e10642/rcmtspit.htm#i1014116

You would be using an Auxiliary Instance where the restore and recover of SYSTEM, SYSAUX, UNDO and the desired Tablespace is done. If you want the tablespace to be restored back into the original database, you would then use Transportable Tablespaces to transport the recover tablespace from the auxiliary to your original database.

Hemant K Chitale