This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2013 4:12 PM by 1003920 RSS

Oracle Database Express Edition don't run script

1003920 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi everybody, I am using DBXE tutorial. I follow to lesson: Loading Data. But I loaded the script, and then I click run, but nothing happened. I use Oracle Database Express 10g. Can you help me? And I have another question: My Script Editor doesn't display line number. How should I do? Thank you so much in advance
  • 1. Re: Oracle Database Express Edition don't run script
    clcarter Expert
    loaded the script, and then I click run
    Is an .sql script? Open up a command box in the directory where the file is at and try a sqlplus connection using the schema owner:
    sqlplus /nolog
    connect <username>
    ... password ... connected ...
    @<name of .sql script file>
    ... ?
    What to use for the username ... ? Well, I'm not seeing the tutorial mentioned so you'll have it already. If not we'll need more information to help.
    Script Editor doesn't display line number. How should I do?
    This is the XE database forum, you'll have to consult the editor documentation. Which editor? What OS? If you're on linux using the vi editor, in command mode, type <colon> and type in "set number" (without the quotes). Although that's probably not much help unless I guessed correctly at your platform and editor.
  • 2. Re: Oracle Database Express Edition don't run script
    1003920 Newbie
    Thank you so much
    I used Oracle HTML DB to run SQL scripts.
    In Oracle Web, I select the arrow next to SQL and then SQL Scripts, select Upload and i choose a file .sql, enter a script name and click Upload. So I have a script I just uploaded. I click Run, but nothing happened.
    Script editor is in Oracle HTML DB. My OS is win8 64bit.
    One more question: How can I upload an image into my post?

Edited by: 1000917 on Apr 18, 2013 10:51 AM
  • 3. Re: Oracle Database Express Edition don't run script
    clcarter Expert
    upload an image into my post?
    Don't think that's an option, others have used some sort of photo sharing site and posted a URL to their pics.
    click Run, but nothing happened.
    Interesting. What's in the script? 10g Apex is a bit different, and I don't think there's a way to get line numbers in the GUI editor.

The apex version 4.0 that is in the 11g XE version does have line numbers in the editor. I've not used 10g for quite some time perhaps others here can offer better help.
  • 4. Re: Oracle Database Express Edition don't run script
    1003920 Newbie
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p762/hoahtq/Screenshot24_zps2836f1ba.png

On the left side, that is Loading Data lesson and on the right side, this is my oracle. Do you see an image? Thank you so much for your help

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points