2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 19, 2013 10:48 AM by jtellier RSS

Problem updating AD target resource when modifying user profile data

jtellier
      Hi,

I'm trying to configure my AD User provisioning process definition so that the modification of user data is automatically provisioned to the user's AD account. The first thing I've done is to modify the "First Name Updated" task and make it listen to the "Change First Name" (as it can be found in Lookup.USR_PROCESS_TRIGGERS). With that modification in place, once I would modify a user attribute, it would automatically be provision to the user's AD. Of course, now that no task was listening on "First Name Updated", it became impossible to perform modification by using the resource form. So then I've created a new task, identical to the one listening on "First Name Updated", but I made it listen on "Change First Name". That did not work.

Is there a step that I might have missed that has to be performed in order for my task to get executed? Is there some restriction that prevents an attribute to be updated by 2 different tasks? Any other ideas?

Thanks,
      --jtellier                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
        • 1. Re: Problem updating AD target resource when modifying user profile data
          Shashi Kiran
          Isn't these trigger tasks associated with a provisioning process and would only be concerned with process form and not resource form?
          • 2. Re: Problem updating AD target resource when modifying user profile data
            jtellier
            Actually, my post was confusing. I was talking about the resource process form. But it seems that what I'm trying to achieve is possible. I've been able to make an existing task listen for the trigger that I want. It just stops working when I try to create a new task that listen for this trigger. I'm just wondering if there was a restriction or something that I might have missed.

Thanks,
            --jtellier