1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply: Apr 23, 2013 8:12 AM by Naeem Akhtar Khan RSS

OBIA Dashboards are not displaying data

Naeem Akhtar Khan
      Hi,

ETL completed successfully for Oracle Financial but only GL dashboards are displaying data. Rest AP, AR dashboards have almost no data.

Can you guess the reason?

Does ETL of one modules effect on other. Like if Oracle Finanicals ETL went good but SCM ETL is giveing error, then is that possible that Financial dashboards start to not display data?

Thanks
      Naeem Akhtar
        • 1. Re: OBIA Dashboards are not displaying data
          Veeresh Rayan
          Confirm how many modules you are combining?..

I would suggest you to create or use one EP for financials alone and check ETL completes successfully.

Some of the tasks are shared between differerent modules how ever first time they run in FULL load and next time DAC runs them in incremental load.

Post your results when you complete ETL for financials only?..U can then run SCM later..

In this way you can atleast be sure whats going wrong when running ETL.

Mark correct or helpfull if it helps.

Regards,
          Veeresh Rayan
          • 2. Re: OBIA Dashboards are not displaying data
            Naeem Akhtar Khan
            Hi,

Thanks for your message.

I am running ETL for all possible modules in OBIA 7964.

ETL for financial is completed successfully and was showing data. then I ran ETL for other modules like Procure and spend analytics, and then EAM.

Some of the task in EAM failed.

Now when I see the finanicals dashboards they were also not showing the data.

Is there any dependency or order to run ETL?

Regards
            Naeem Akhtar
            • 3. Re: OBIA Dashboards are not displaying data
              Veeresh Rayan
              Naeem,

Yes there is a dependency if you run EP's full load.

You should not be checking FULL LOAD option when running any execution plan.That will always push the taks to run in full load ,doing so tables gets truncated.

DO follow these steps when running ETL.

1)Ensure there is no full load option is checked for any of the EP.If chcked then unchek it and save it.
              2)Run only for one one module at a time -Like Financilals first,HR second then SCM third,Produrement fourth .In this way you can debug where exactly the error lies.(Run individualy by creating individual EP).

Or

Create one execution plan for all modules - Check the tasks and then try debug irrespective of which module it is falining.

3)Try to verify the Session variables/Initialization blocks on the report to check if the data issue is at the reports or at the ETL level.

Mark helpfull if it helps.

Do let me know if you need anything else.

Regards,
              Veeresh Rayan
              • 4. Re: OBIA Dashboards are not displaying data
                Naeem Akhtar Khan
                Hi

I was checking full load in different modules.

I am going to run without checking full load again.

Thanks, I am going to update you soon.

Naeem
                • 5. Re: OBIA Dashboards are not displaying data
                  Naeem Akhtar Khan
                  Hi,

I have just followed your steps and ran the ETL for Financial first and then for SCM and order managment. Both ETLs are completed successfully.

almost 80% of the dashboards are displaying data in Financial but only 6,7 dashboards (Hardly 10%) are displaying data in SCM and Order Management.

Source is vision instance R1213.

Can you guess the reason?

Regards
                  Naeem Akhtar
                  • 6. Re: OBIA Dashboards are not displaying data
                    Naeem Akhtar Khan
                    Further,

Your point.

3)Try to verify the Session variables/Initialization blocks on the report to check if the data issue is at the reports or at the ETL level.

How to do it.

I have installed all of the tools following Official guide.

Naeem
                    • 7. Re: OBIA Dashboards are not displaying data
                      Veeresh Rayan
                      3)brief on this..

You need to visit the report/dashborad and check if there is any report level variable is being used or not.

Like default organization name is 'Vision Corporation' but basically you needed to correct Dashboard prompt values.

You may have report has got filter like current_year and upon checking current_year in RPD it may be like 2008 but acually u wouldn't have loaded the data for 2008.

So in short check the reports filters and also then see these variables in the RPD.

Another point on data not displaying is may be because of data issue also.Not many of the dashboards may not have data.You need to sit with your Functional Consultant and understand which reports are relavant to them and remove/hide which are not.

Regards,
                      Veeresh Rayan
                      • 8. Re: OBIA Dashboards are not displaying data
                        Naeem Akhtar Khan
                        Hi,

I have tried different parameters to check the data. i.e Year, Ledger name etc. But no data.

What if I execute Complete EBS load? I think that will solve dependency or order issue if any.

Regards
                        Naeem Akhtar
                        • 9. Re: OBIA Dashboards are not displaying data
                          Veeresh Rayan
                          You execute it individully or complete set once.It doen't make any difference as long as you are running EP without checking FULL LOAD option.

All your execution plan should complete normally thats the first thing.Second thing is EBS side there should be data to see corresponding data in dashboards.

Do not change anything and RUN Full complete SET and check if it completes successfully.

Regards
                          Veeresh Rayan
                          • 10. Re: OBIA Dashboards are not displaying data
                            Naeem Akhtar Khan
                            Hi,

ETL is completing successfully now.

There is also data in the source as this is Vision instance.

I have tried your given options but still some dashboards are not displaying data.

For EAM nothing is being displayed either if FULL load or incrementel.

For Project when I ran full load then it display data but others modules stops to display data. For project inc load does not show any data.

for SCM nothing is being displayed in any case, Full or inc.

For HRMS, data is partially coming.

For Procurement and spend it is same like projects.

I am using OBIA 7964 with DAC 11g.

I suspect that the latest BI apps release is not mature yet. 5 SR are in progress for different issues. Some are solved by patches and for some development is working. What we should say it? OOTB Solution or OOTB bugs?

Please advice.

Regards
                            Naeem Akhtar
                            • 11. Re: OBIA Dashboards are not displaying data
                              Veeresh Rayan
                              Hi,

In any case one module data should not effect other module.
                              How are you running incremental load or full load?..Please provide steps.

Regards,
                              Veeresh Rayan
                              • 12. Re: OBIA Dashboards are not displaying data
                                Naeem Akhtar Khan
                                Hi,

Steps are as below.

I am using pre-built containers.

1. Build the Execution plan.
                                2. Run the execution plan.

I have followed this order in start.

Oracle Financial.
                                Oracle SCM
                                Proc and Spend
                                Projects
                                HRMS

But only financial is showing data. and HRMS is showing partially data.

if one module does not effect other then its mean problem is the specific module which is not showing the data.

Only thing to wonder for me is. If I ran the full load for projects then projct module show data in dashboards but Financial stop to show. This also make sence that running a full load will first truncate the tables so Financial may not show the data.
                                But
                                why data is not being displayed when I ran in inc load for projects?

Do we need to do the customization of modules as per official guide for all modules with Vision instance too?

Regards
                                Naeem Akhtar
                                • 13. Re: OBIA Dashboards are not displaying data
                                  Veeresh Rayan
                                  How r u running incremental load for projects..?..

No need of any customization as far as I knw.You need to configure .CSV files and also follow configuration guide for informatica powercenter users properly just to ensure you have not missed anything.

Regards,
                                  Veeresh Rayan
                                  • 14. Re: OBIA Dashboards are not displaying data
                                    Naeem Akhtar Khan
                                    Hi,

Incremental load in a way that Full load check-box is not selected.

I have not configured .csv files yet, As I was told that on vision instance these configuration is not required.

Further without any csv configuration, I have seen all of the data in previous release 7963.

Regards
                                    Naeem Akhtar
                                    1 2 Previous Next