1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 19, 2013 8:28 AM by FreddieEssex RSS

Anyone else tired of useless, lazy programmers?

OK, so I'm trying to get through some issues with Data Guard. I'm getting there. But it seems as though every time I turn around, I get an error message like this:

" ORA-16737: the redo transport service for standby database "ONBDG" has an error"

Well, thank you, Sherlock. I realize it's a bit of trouble to actually be really helpful, but COULD YOU POSSIBLY TAKE THE ADDITIONAL STEP OF TELLING ME WHAT THAT ERROR IS?!?!?!?!?*

It's like talking to the WORST END USERS IN THE WORLD EXCEPT THAT IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATION+

"It has an error"... Thanks, ditzy blond. Can you read the actual error text to me? "No, I don't think so..." fume

It's the same thing in OEM. It says, "ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied." Great. COULD YOU POSSIBLY TAKE THE ADDITIONAL STEP OF TELLING ME WHAT PROCESS ON WHAT NODE IS TRYING TO LOG INTO WHAT USERID ON WHAT INSTANCE*

Worse yet, if you click on the link it provides, you get, "Data Guard Internal Error : See the OMS log for details."

Well, THANK YOU SHERLOCK.  I ALREADY FIGURED THAT OUT.  COULD YOU POSSIBLY BE BOTHERED TO GET SOME DETAILS AS TO THE NATURE OF THIS ERROR?*

What is the point of making a CLICKABLE LINK if all you're going to do is point me to a LOG?

The Website is the same way. You put in an error code looking for some explanation, and most of them just repeat the text that the original error message gave to you. COULD YOU BE A LITTLE MORE LAZY?  MAYBE JUST TELL ME THAT YOU CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO ACTUALLY GIVE SOME INSIGHT AS TO THE NATURE OF THE ERROR*

Oracle may be popular because of its performance, but as for it's support and error reporting, it's horrible, it's immature, it's lazy, and it's ditzy.

And it's probably that way because they know they can get away with it.

</rant>