7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 20, 2013 1:10 PM by Srini VEERAVALLI RSS

Link with Logout Login in OBI Dashbord to others OBIEE reports

I am BI consultant and now I met a problem and I can't find a solution.
      We have one Dashbord for ANY user but in this Dashbord I have some links where to see the report, users must to identify.
      So I need to create a Web Service which will take the user name and password, make logout after login in the other report.
      So I created a form to request username and password like this:

secure report and I have a little code that uses jQuery dialog to enter the name and password

<form action=”http://hostname:port/analytics/saw.dll?” method=”post”>
      <input type=”hidden” name=”Cmd” value=”Answers”>
      <input type=”text” name=”nqUser” value=””>
      <input type=”password” name=”nqPassword” value=””>
      <input type=”submit” value=”Answers”>
      </form>

to send to the browser but because we dont have logout before sending data we have errors because previous session has not been closed.
      And in the end I thought it would be better to create a web service to perform all these steps but this is a problem.
      I don't now how do it! I founded some functions on Oracle blog but how to use them?
      http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/bi.1111/e16364/soa_overview.htm#CEGHCJCJ

Can anybody help me? Please!!!

Edited by: 1001194 on Apr 19, 2013 8:40 AM
        • 1. Re: Link with Logout Login in OBI Dashbord to others OBIEE reports
          Srini VEERAVALLI
          Try to keep link some where as below or else on close of the report window try to call the same code onWindow close
          &lt;a href="saw.dll?Logoff&_scid=uZ1rbRjxb1k&amp;ReturnTo=Answers" target="_parent" onclick="saw.closeChildWindows();">Log Out&lt;/a>

You might have to pass _scid dynamically, this would vary based on user.

These are just suggestions, not exact code.

If helps mark

Thanks

Edited by: Srini VEERAVALLI on Apr 19, 2013 10:10 AM

You have marked the post as Answered!! can you share your solution?

Edited by: Srini VEERAVALLI on Apr 19, 2013 1:21 PM
          • 2. Re: Link with Logout Login in OBI Dashbord to others OBIEE reports
            I find your idea interesting but can you tell me more about this,

how can I use that to do logout and after this to send my data to browser URL?

My form look like this:

<form action=”http://hostname:port/analytics/saw.dll?” method="post" id="dialog" class="form"><fieldset>
            <input type="hidden" name="Cmd" value="Answers">
            <input name="PortalPath" type="hidden" value="/shared/BIA Demo/_portal/Index" />
            <input name="Page" type="hidden" value="page 1" />
            <input name="Action" type="hidden" value="Navigate" />
            <label for="userSend" id="user_label">User Name:</label>
            <input type="text" id="userSend" name="nqUser" value="">
            <label class="error" for="userSend" id="user_error">This field is required.</label>
            <label for="passwordSend" id="password_label">Password:</label>
            <input type="password" id="passwordSend" name="nqPassword" value="">
            <label class="error" for="passwordSend" id="password_error">This field is required.</label>
            <input type="button" class="buttonSend" id="submit_btnSend" value="Enter"></form>

So the link that is sent to the browser is:

http://hostname:port/analytics/saw.dll?Dashboard&PortalPath=/shared/BIA Demo/_portal/Index&Page=page 1&Action=Navigate&nquser=@{1}&nqpassword=@{2}

Thank you very much for your time

Edited by: 1001194 on Apr 19, 2013 11:11 AM
            • 3. Re: Link with Logout Login in OBI Dashbord to others OBIEE reports

Edited by: 1001194 on Apr 19, 2013 11:24 AM
              • 4. Re: Link with Logout Login in OBI Dashbord to others OBIEE reports
                You have marked the post as Answered!! can you share your solution? -

Edited by: Srini VEERAVALLI on Apr 19, 2013 1:21 PM
                mistake, sorry
                • 5. Re: Link with Logout Login in OBI Dashbord to others OBIEE reports
                  Srini VEERAVALLI
                  Based on your post (html form object code and jQuery) I assume you are good in web coding... so sky also might not be a limit :) keep explore.. we just give hints not solutions

Use the below code in Text object this would return _scid with other stuff
                  try to write a code with iframe or similar so that your report show in 2nd frame and top frame keeps your custom code to maintain your jquery to handle your sign out or window close event to sign off the user.

Or else when force close when user is signout from your web service by passing scid to logoff url.

&lt;script type="text/javascript">
                  alert(GetPURL( ));
                  &lt;/script >

If helps mark.

Thanks == no more responses on this post

Edited by: Srini VEERAVALLI on Apr 19, 2013 1:49 PM
                  • 6. Re: Link with Logout Login in OBI Dashbord to others OBIEE reports
                    >
                    Thanks == no more responses on this post
                    I understand,
                    I am beginner in OBI, I have just two months of experiance with this application
                    and I would like to say that OBI reports do not open in iframe.
                    I see two solutions:
                    1. I must to delete the cookie before sending data to the browser(I must to make changes in instanceconfig.xml-Cookie Persistence and delete with JavaScript )
                    2. To create a web service (...)

but how i will find the solution I will write here on the forum

Thanks,

Edited by: 1001194 on Apr 20, 2013 5:44 AM
                    • 7. Re: Link with Logout Login in OBI Dashbord to others OBIEE reports
                      Srini VEERAVALLI
                      Send me email with details about your webservice etc..
                      With given info it is hard to tell more other than what I said.

sveerava@gmail.com