3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 22, 2013 9:26 AM by InoL RSS

Can`t run form on my browser

1004276 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I installed
oracle 10g database R2
oracle 10g developer suite
windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

I download java 6 and edit formsweb.confg to run forms using java run time ... I tried everything to run forms on my browser (change my browser , install another O.S like windows 7 64bit,xp) I really don`t know what should I hope help me .
  • 1. Re: Can`t run form on my browser
    HamidHelal Guru
    >

Welcome to the Oracle Forums. Please take a few minutes to review the following:

<ul>
    <li>Oracle Forums FAQ
    <li>Before posting on this forum please read
    <li>10 Commandments for the OTN Forums Member
    <li>How to ask questions the smart way
    </ul>

Following these simple guidelines will ensure you have a positive experience in any forum; not just this one!
    I installed
    oracle 10g database R2
    oracle 10g developer suite
    windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

I download java 6 and edit formsweb.confg to run forms using java run time ... I tried everything to run forms on my browser (change my browser , install another O.S like windows 7 64bit,xp) I really don`t know what should I hope help me .
    But you didn't mention what exact problem you are facing. Can you show us what change you are done at formsweb.cfg file ?

Hamid
  • 2. Re: Can`t run form on my browser
    CraigB Guru
    You really haven't given us enough information for us to help you. First, what happens when you try to run the Form? Do you get an error; a blank screen; what?

It sounds like you are not running on a network, therefore you will need to install the Microsoft Loopback Adapter to emulate a network. For information on how to install the adapter take a look at: How to install Microsoft Loopback Adapter.
    I download java 6 and edit formsweb.confg to run forms using java run time...
    What exact version did you download/install (eg: 1.6.0_43)? What changes did you make to the formsweb.cfg? Please list them. Did you also update the FORMS_PATH in the default.env? If not, you will need to do this so the Forms Runtime can find your form. Your other option would be create a configuration for each form in the formsweb.cfg - but this is a lot of work just to run a form. It is easier to put all your forms in a specific directory and add this directory to the FORMS_PATH variable.

Craig...
  • 3. Re: Can`t run form on my browser
    InoL Guru
    Maybe it's something very simple, like: did you start OC4J?
    Start -> Programs -> Oracle Developer Suite -> Forms Developer -> Start OC4J Instance

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points