1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply: Sep 26, 2013 10:35 PM by Hitesh Dungarwal RSS

Upgrading ODI 10.1.3.5 to 11.1.1.6

Veggalam
      April 22, 2013 at 9:38 am

Hi I am trying to Upgarde ODI from 10.1.3.5 to 11.1.1.6. I have run the RCC and found no issues. I have cloned my master and work repositories checked the connection using ODI 10g and could successfully login to topology and designer using the connect string to cloned reps. But when I run the UA giving the new master rep details (new cloned DB) and old (10G) ODI SUPERVISOR details, it fails with the following error:

[2013-04-22T11:00:23.935-04:00] [ODI] [INCIDENT_ERROR] [UPGCMP-00338] [upgrade.ODI] [tid: 12] [ecid: 0000JsmGd6r9h^WFLzyGOA1HTL0e000003,0] ODI Work Repository “WORKREP” uses JDBC Driver “com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver”.
      [2013-04-22T11:00:23.935-04:00] [ODI] [INCIDENT_ERROR] [] [upgrade.ODI] [tid: 12] [ecid: 0000JsmGd6r9h^WFLzyGOA1HTL0e000003,0] Cause: ODI Work Repositoriry does not use default JDBC Driver. Action: Please update ODI Work Repository connection to use default JDBC Driver

Could you please help me with this?

Thanks
      V
        • 1. Re: Upgrading ODI 10.1.3.5 to 11.1.1.6
          DecaXD
          Have you seen this post?

http://odichallenges.blogspot.it/2012/07/how-to-add-new-jdbc-driver-in-odi-11g.html
          • 2. Re: Upgrading ODI 10.1.3.5 to 11.1.1.6
            Hi, I have copied the jar file in users/appdata/.../userlib also. But let me go through this document and see what it says. I will get back to you. Thank you very much.
            But tell me if I understood this correclty:

Inorder to upgrade from 10.1.3.5 to 11.1.1.6, I have executed the following steps so far:

1) I ran the RCC on my old repositories to check if they are consistent to migrate and it was successful.
            2) Copied the E*,M*,W* xml files that RCC created into the oracledi.common\...\sqlserver\patch\ and oracledi.sdk\...\sqlserver\patch folders.
            3) Cloned the existing master and work reps of 10g.
            4) Installed the ODI 11g, but did not create the master rep and Work rep in 11g hoping that I would upgrade the existing cloned 10g repositories.

Now my understanding after going through some documents online is that UA uses the cloned repository details (master and from there it gets the work rep details) and 10g supervisor details that we provide and connects to cloned master and work reps and upgrades them. I do not know what this jdbc error is? Because I tried and could also create a brand new master repository in the 11g using ODI studio, now if 11g could not connect to DB using the jdbc how could it have created the repository. If 11g connects to DB I am assuming that UA should also be able to connect right?

Please correct me if my assumptions are wrong.

Thanks
            V
            • 3. Re: Upgrading ODI 10.1.3.5 to 11.1.1.6
              DecaXD
              If you are upgrading your cloned repository enter in your master and set work connection details under Topology-> Repository
              • 4. Re: Upgrading ODI 10.1.3.5 to 11.1.1.6
                You Mean in the 10g master repository or 11g master repository? If you are talking about 10g I set everything correctly, its poiting to the new cloned repository. But If you are talikg about the 11g, I do not have any master or work repository in there, I am hoping to upgrade the existing 10 repositories and bring them into 11g.

Am I completely off on this?

Please let me know.

Thanks
                V
                • 5. Re: Upgrading ODI 10.1.3.5 to 11.1.1.6
                  DecaXD
                  I was talking about cloned 10g.

You have done every steps i made 2 weeks ago. Good Luck!
                  • 6. Re: Upgrading ODI 10.1.3.5 to 11.1.1.6
                    Yep, I have the correct work repository details in the 10g master. I checked it by logging into the ODI designer using 10g and created an interface and executed it successfully and I made sure that the new interface I created is in the cloned work repository SNP_POP table. So I think the connections are ok.

Thanks
                    V
                    • 7. Re: Upgrading ODI 10.1.3.5 to 11.1.1.6
                      DecaXD
                      When you have finished remember close topic :D
                      • 8. Re: Upgrading ODI 10.1.3.5 to 11.1.1.6
                        You said, you have done this 2 weeks ago right? Could you please tell me how did you do it?

Thanks
                        V
                        • 9. Re: Upgrading ODI 10.1.3.5 to 11.1.1.6
                          DecaXD
                          I was in Oracle environment.

However i've just seen a
                          Action: Please update ODI Work Repository connection to use default JDBC Driver
                          Are you SURE that the JDBC connection is correct? Could you post it here? I have a doubt.
                          • 10. Re: Upgrading ODI 10.1.3.5 to 11.1.1.6
                            10g Master rep:

Driver: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
                            URL: jdbc:sqlserver://MY-PC\SQLEXPRESS:1433;SelectMethod=cursor;databaseName=MRNEW;integratedSecurity=false;

10g Work Rep:

Driver: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
                            URL: jdbc:sqlserver://MY-PC\SQLEXPRESS:1433;SelectMethod=cursor;DatabaseName=WRNEW;

Thanks
                            V
                            • 11. Re: Upgrading ODI 10.1.3.5 to 11.1.1.6
                              DecaXD
                              In ODI 11g when i select the driver i obtains
                              jdbc:weblogic:sqlserver://hostname:port[;property=value[;...]]
                              so your link should appear in UA like
                              jdbc:weblogic:sqlserver://MY-PC:1433
                              is it possible?
                              • 12. Re: Upgrading ODI 10.1.3.5 to 11.1.1.6
                                You are right, but when I invoke UA it does not ask the jdbc driver details all it asks for is a connect string and the following is what I gave: //MY-PC\sqlexpress:1433.
                                I am not using the weblogic server and I also added the normal sqljdbc4.jar to the 11g ODI folders.

Edited by: user3471749 on Apr 23, 2013 8:11 AM
                                • 13. Re: Upgrading ODI 10.1.3.5 to 11.1.1.6
                                  DecaXD
                                  The connection string needs to be get from your 10g Topology.

The string that you pasted is equal to your topology? are you sure MY-PC is resolved? Could you try with an IP?
                                  • 14. Re: Upgrading ODI 10.1.3.5 to 11.1.1.6
                                    Yes, the connect string is pointing to the 10g and the MY-PC is resolved becuase I could connect 10g using the same connect string.

Thanks
                                    V
                                    1 2 Previous Next