3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2013 10:52 AM by Steven Davelaar-Oracle

Box for view only/non-updateable fields

How can I create a box for a column in JHeadstart that is marked as non-updateable (Update Allowed = false)? I have tried some code in the Additional Properties but have not been able to find the mix. Using disable will put a box, but it dims both the lable and the value and is unacceptablely light.

Edited by: user589963 on Apr 22, 2013 12:49 PM
        • 1. Re: Box for view only/non-updateable fields
          Steven Davelaar-Oracle
          I don't understand your question.
          It sounds like a non-JHeadstrt question.

Try first implementing it in plain ADF by modifying a generated page, then this forum can help you preserving the code you added upon regeneration.

Steven Davelaar,
          JHeadstart Team.
          • 2. Re: Box for view only/non-updateable fields
            I tried a different approach by setting the attribute in JHeadstart to Updateable = False and then put this code in the Additional Properties space in Expert Mode:

contentStyle="border:1px solid;padding:0 5px 0;"

That created the box and it was not dimmed like it was when the field was disabled in JHeadstart before. But for all attributes that do not have a value present the box is elevated up into the field above it. The box is not elevated if there is a value in it. Appears to be a bug with JHeadstart. Was just curious if there is other code that would work in the Additional Properties space that would effect how the CSS displays the box.
            • 3. Re: Box for view only/non-updateable fields
              Steven Davelaar-Oracle
              As I said in my previous post, you first need to figure out the exact code you need to have in your generated page to make it work, including situation with empty values.

If that works as you want, then post that code here and I can help you to keep the page 100% generatable.

Note that apart from additional properties, you can also create custom templates, see chapter 12 "Customizing Generator Output" in the JHeadstart Developer's Guide for more info.

Steven Davelaar,
              Jheadstart Team.