This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 24, 2013 9:52 PM by dermute RSS

Buiding a full local repository

dermute Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,
I am maintaining a local IPS Repository. Today I wanted to install new software and had some software with required versions missing. I've found out that the build order of my repository is wrong, so I am doing it again.... but I am kinda confused....

1. Lets start with the Solaris 11 11/11 Full Repo: sol-11-1111-repo-full.iso
2. Updating to the latest 11.0 SRU: sol-11-1111-sru13-04-incr-repo.iso
3. Provide the update to Solaris 11.1: sol-11_1-repo-full.iso(6.8G) or sol-11_1-upgrade-repo.iso (2.5G) ???
4. Updating to the latest 11.1 SRU: sol-11_1_6_4_0-incr-repo.iso

In my opinion, step 1, 2 and 4 seems to be correct. But which repo-iso should be used for the upgrade to 11.1? The readmes are not really helpful.

Do you have any suggestions?

Best regards
dermute
  • 1. Re: Buiding a full local repository
    Alan_S Explorer
    dermute wrote:
    Hello,
    I am maintaining a local IPS Repository. Today I wanted to install new software and had some software with required versions missing. I've found out that the build order of my repository is wrong, so I am doing it again.... but I am kinda confused....

1. Lets start with the Solaris 11 11/11 Full Repo: sol-11-1111-repo-full.iso
    2. Updating to the latest 11.0 SRU: sol-11-1111-sru13-04-incr-repo.iso
    3. Provide the update to Solaris 11.1: sol-11_1-repo-full.iso(6.8G) or sol-11_1-upgrade-repo.iso (2.5G) ???
    4. Updating to the latest 11.1 SRU: sol-11_1_6_4_0-incr-repo.iso

In my opinion, step 1, 2 and 4 seems to be correct. But which repo-iso should be used for the upgrade to 11.1? The readmes are not really helpful.
    If you have a support contract, then you would need to add just the sol-11_1-repo-full.iso packages. The upgrade-repo.iso is for non-support customers only.

Oracle Support Document 1511526.1 (How to upgrade a Solaris 11 local repository server to S11.1) can be found at: https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/DocumentDisplay?id=1511526.1. This goes through each step in detail.

If you do not have a support contract, then you would not be able to perform step #2. You would do step #1, then follow the README in the upgrade-repo.iso to update the interim packages, then you would add the full set of s11.1 packages as specified in the readme on the sol-11_1-repo-full.iso.

-- Alan
    >
    Do you have any suggestions?

Best regards
    dermute
  • 2. Re: Buiding a full local repository
    dermute Newbie
    Thank you. I've got a support contract, using sol-11_1-repo-full worked properly!

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points