5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 26, 2013 9:15 AM by jiyong RSS

Which Siebel stand alone package to install?

MegABytes
      I have a windows 7, 64 bit, IE9 PC and i would like to load the LATEST version of the Siebel Software. I especially interested in the field service version.

My issue is with the Oracle download site - there are too many conflicting choices for packages to download.

Example:

B72549-02 states that is is v8.1.1.10
      inside this package are files - V37xxx which is v 8.1.10 and V36xxx which is v8.1.1.
      which one do i choose? do i install 8.1.1 then upgrade to 8.1.1.10 or can i go straight to 8.1.1.10?

Then there are packages that state that they are v8.2.2. how do they fit into the install?

Finally there are a series of V35719 files for window fixes. where do they go?

Any help in figuring out this road map would be appreciated.

Meg

Edited by: MegABytes on Apr 24, 2013 6:11 AM

Edited by: MegABytes on Apr 24, 2013 6:11 AM
        • 1. Re: Which Siebel stand alone package to install?
          jiyong
          First install 8.1.1.0 and apply 8.1.1.10 on top of that.
          The 8.2 series are only for Public Sector and will be merged back into 8.3.
          • 2. Re: Which Siebel stand alone package to install?
            MegABytes
            Thank you for your help.

I downloaded all of the 8.1.1.0 zips and extracted them to a separate JAR folder.
            I then ran Windows Image Creator and selected Siebel Tools, Siebel Web Client, and Siebe Sample Database.
            Everything to this point ended successfully.

I then went to Siebel Web Client\Disk 1\Install folder and executed oui.exe (as system admin)
            I choose all of the default options plus English. Also, IE9 appears briefly, which i close.

At the end of the process i get the following error message:
            "OUI-10133: Invalid staging area. There is no top level components for Windows NT, Windows 2000 available
            for installation in this staging area."

I click OK (my only option) and the remainder of the install fails - as in just stops and returns me to windows.

This has happened several times under various scenarios. If i continue to install the tools and the database everything appears
            to install but when i try to start Siebel there is nothing in the Start menu.

Do you have any ideas on what might be happening?

Meg
            • 3. Re: Which Siebel stand alone package to install?
              jiyong
              Did you start the install in XP Compatibility Mode?

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/using-windows-vista-compatibility-mode/
              • 4. Re: Which Siebel stand alone package to install?
                MegABytes
                Yes I did. all of the OUI.exe and INSTALL.exe files are set to XP compatibility mode

Meg
                • 5. Re: Which Siebel stand alone package to install?
                  jiyong
                  When you have W7 Pro, Ultimate or Enterprise, you can also install the Windows XP Virtual Machine.
                  Never failed for me.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-nz/windows7/products/features/windows-xp-mode