7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 26, 2013 12:36 PM by kavatam RSS

AD - 'Change First Name' process task is rejected by default - OIM 11.1.2

kavatam
      Hi All,

I wanted modification to be auto provisioned to AD account when user attribute is changed.

For this created 'Change First Name' process task and made entry in "Lookup.USR_PROCESS_TRIGGERS" lookup def.

I followed the link Enabling update for provisioned user in OIM11g

When I changed first name of a user from identity console, 'Change First Name' process task is assigned to XELSYSADM. But the status of the process task is Rejected. Also, the changed 'First Name' value is not updated in the process form of the user. Hence the change is not reflected into AD.

Please tell me why the status is Rejected and changes are not reflecting.

Also, Please provide the solution to auto provision the modifications into AD.

Thanks in Advance.
        • 1. Re: AD - 'Change First Name' process task is rejected by default - OIM 11.1.2
          Kevin Pinsky
          The default connector can sometimes be somewhat dumb. A lot of them do not pass the new value on a Change task, and simple push the update directly. I would suggest you open the process definition, and on the Change First Name task, replace the adapter with one that passes the User Definition - First Name attribute to the process form. This should then trigger the First Name Updated task.

As for the error, you should click the task and see what the task notes are, or even the logs. The answers are all available.

-Kevin
          • 2. Re: AD - 'Change First Name' process task is rejected by default - OIM 11.1.2
            kavatam
            Thanks for reply .... Kevin....

If 'Change First Name' process task is in-turn invoking 'First Name Updated' process task, then what about adding a row with 'First Name Updated' in Lookup.USR_PROCESS_TRIGGERS lookup... It would directly invoke 'First name Updated' process task. I tried this.. but its not working.... could u pls tell me y this doesnt not work???

Praveen.....
            • 3. Re: AD - 'Change First Name' process task is rejected by default - OIM 11.1.2
              Kevin Pinsky
              You should pass the value to the form with the Change trigger task, and then let the workflow do what it's supposed to, and send the update to the target when the form field is updated. Do not add First Name Updated to the lookup. It's not that one task is calling the next, it's the triggers in place are running correctly. One task is triggered when the USR_FIRST_NAME is updated, and the other is triggered when the field with label "First Name" on the process form is updated.

-Kevin
              • 4. Re: AD - 'Change First Name' process task is rejected by default - OIM 11.1.2
                kavatam
                Thanks much kevin,

One more query.....

In my case when 'city' attribute is changed its invoking 'Change city' which inturn invokes 'City updated' process. Now when city is updated I need to updated 'Organization Name' in AD process form and make it reflect in AD.

For this, I created 'Change Org Unit' process task which will populate 'Organization Name' field in process form, so inturn it will invoke 'Organization name updated' process task.

I made 'Change Org Unit' process task as dependent task for 'Change city', so once the 'Change City' process task status is 'C', it will invoke 'Change Org unit' process task.

But, 'Change Org unit' process task is not being invoked.

Could you pls provide me solution.

Thanks in advance...
                • 5. Re: AD - 'Change First Name' process task is rejected by default - OIM 11.1.2
                  Kevin Pinsky
                  If you followed my instructions, your Change task is just passing a value back to the form, which means there is no response code. I would suggest you have 2 tasks.

1. Change City
                  2. Change City - Set Org Name

You can have multiple tasks with the trigger and so long as they start with the trigger name, they will fire. On the second task, create the code to pass the Organization name you want to the form. It will have to be the code key value from the lookup that references the orgs and not just the simple name that is displayed on the ui.

If you need the city one to process firm, on your "Organization Name Updated" task, set the preceding to be City Updated, and it will make sure this one successfully completes first.

-Kevin
                  • 6. Re: AD - 'Change First Name' process task is rejected by default - OIM 11.1.2
                    kavatam
                    Thanks kevin....

I tried in one more way... in the 'Change City' adapter I am updating 'Organization Name' field of process form. This is invoking 'Organization Name Updated' process task..... n its working...

I'll try the way you suggested also.......