This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: May 2, 2013 6:46 AM by 1005534 RSS

weblogic.ejb.container.compliance.ComplianceException after migration

1005534 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi!

I'm migrating from Weblogic 10 (jdk 1.6) to 12c (jdk 1.7) and I have this error in my build system

+[java] weblogic.ejb.container.compliance.ComplianceException: In EJB xxx, the throw<Apr 25, 2013 10:40:42 AM EEST> <Error> <J2EE> <BEA-160187> <weblogic.appc failed to compile the application. Recompile with thes clause for method xxx(xxx) in the bean class contains exceptions that are NOT in the throws claus -verbose option for more details about the issue.>+

The error is clear (one problem with one interface), but I need to document it.
I can't find any reference about EJB validation changes in the Oracle documentation

Any one knows the root cause of this error?
  • 1. Re: weblogic.ejb.container.compliance.ComplianceException after migration
    Vijaya Moderator -Oracle Expert
    To find the root cause please add -verbose option to the appc compiler to generate more verbose of the error thrown by the weblogic container.

Please revert back with the detailed error which will help us to drill down the issue.

Also share if you found some validation issue with some Weblogic internal classes after migration, hopefully it will be documented. We will find out for you.

Thanks,
    Vijaya
  • 2. Re: weblogic.ejb.container.compliance.ComplianceException after migration
    1005534 Newbie
    The problem not it's the validation error, add -verbose not helps me.
    I understand the error and it's already fixed, Looks like EJB validations are more strict on 12c than 10.3

The real problem is that I can't find any document that explain the changes in the EJB validation since 10.3 to 12c.

I'm using http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24329_01/web.1211/e24497/compat.htm as reference but I can't find any mention to changes on EJB validations

Now in my internal documentation for developers only can say "EJB validation it's different" but without any link to Oracle documentation that explain it

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points