This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 25, 2013 11:11 PM by fac586 RSS

Interactive Report with custom search criteria must behave as search bar

1005613 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I have a region where I have 3 textfields and a Submit button. Then, another report region where I have a query with the where condition that makes reference to the 3 texfields. This is:

Select * from ANYTABLE
where column1 = :P1_TEXTFIELD1
and column2 = :P1_TEXTFIELD2
and column3 = :P1_TEXTFIELD3

When I click the submit button, the report is reloaded (in fact, all the page) with all the conditions (in textfields) correctly.

Now, what I need is that when I click the submit button, the filter appears in the screen; I mean, show the funnel with the filter conditions as if I made it since the search bar.

Could someone help me with this?
  • 1. Re: Interactive Report with custom search criteria must behave as search bar
    fac586 Guru
    Currently Being Moderated
    1002610 wrote:
    Hi,
    Welcome to the forum: please read the FAQ and forum sticky threads (if you haven't done so already), and update your forum profile with a real handle instead of "1002610".

When you have a problem you'll get a faster, more effective response by including as much relevant information as possible upfront. This should include:

<li>Full APEX version
    <li>Full DB/version/edition/host OS
    <li>Web server architecture (EPG, OHS or APEX listener/host OS)
    <li>Browser(s) and version(s) used
    <li>Theme
    <li>Template(s)
    <li>Region/item type(s) (making particular distinction as to whether a "report" is a standard report, an interactive report, or in fact an "updateable report" (i.e. a tabular form)

With APEX we're also fortunate to have a great resource in apex.oracle.com where we can reproduce and share problems. Reproducing things there is the best way to troubleshoot most issues, especially those relating to layout and visual formatting. If you expect a detailed answer then it's appropriate for you to take on a significant part of the effort by getting as far as possible with an example of the problem on apex.oracle.com before asking for assistance with specific issues, which we can then see at first hand.
    I have a region where I have 3 textfields and a Submit button. Then, another report region where I have a query with the where condition that makes reference to the 3 texfields. This is:

Select * from ANYTABLE
    where column1 = :P1_TEXTFIELD1
    and column2 = :P1_TEXTFIELD2
    and column3 = :P1_TEXTFIELD3

When I click the submit button, the report is reloaded (in fact, all the page) with all the conditions (in textfields) correctly.

Now, what I need is that when I click the submit button, the filter appears in the screen; I mean, show the funnel with the filter conditions as if I made it since the search bar.
    Remove the WHERE clause from the report query and use declarative filters in a branch on page submission to set the filter predicates.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points