This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 29, 2013 2:46 PM by CraigB RSS

Oracle Developer Suite 10g, problems utilizing WEBUTIL code

1005774 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

I have been away from Oracle Forms for about 10 years. I have installed the Developer Suite 10g and all is working fine. I have also gone through all the instructions to setup the WEBUTIL. I'm having issues trying to utilize the WEBUTIL code in my forms. I have tried to put together just some simple code to call webutil_file_transfer.client_to_as_with_progress. However, i keep getting the following error when trying to compile: Error 221 at line 20, column 4 'CLIENT_TO_AS_WITH_PROGRESS' is not a procedure or is undefined.

the dev suite is loaded on my laptop: WIN 7, 64bit. connecting to an Oracle 11g database that resides on the windows server. The 'P' drive is mapped on my laptop to the server that i have access to read and write to. I have imported other JPG files from within the database that reads from this directory.

here is what i did: i opened the form, then opened the webutil.olb, then attached the webutil.pll library. below is my simple code just to try and get something to compile:

What am i doing wrong??

thank you!

declare
     new_tamcn varchar2(8);
     new_nsn varchar2(15);
     new_idn varchar2(8);
     new_nomen varchar2(50);
     new_source varchar2(300);
     new_type varchar2(4);
     import_location varchar2(30);

begin
     new_tamcn := :graphics_table.tamcn;
     new_nsn := :graphics_table.nsn;
     new_idn := :graphics_table.idn;
     new_nomen := :graphics_table.nomeclature;
     new_source := :block32.image_source_text;
     new_type := :graphics_table.bfile_type;
     import_location := 'P:\oracle\orclfiles';

if new_source is not null then
               webutil_file_transfer.client_to_as_with_progress(new_source, import_location, 'Please wait while the image is loaded', null, TRUE, null);
     else
          message('file was not transferred');
     end if;

end;
  • 1. Re: Oracle Developer Suite 10g, problems utilizing WEBUTIL code
    CraigB Guru
    webutil_file_transfer.client_to_as_with_progress
    File transfers are disabled by default. To enable file transfers, you have to update the \DevSuiteHome\forms\server\webutil.cfg file and change the following lines:
    #NOTE: By default the file transfer is disabled as a security measure
    transfer.database.enabled=FALSE  
    transfer.appsrv.enabled=FALSE
    transfer.appsrv.workAreaRoot=
    transfer.appsrv.accessControl=TRUE
    #List transfer.appsrv.read.<n> directories
    transfer.appsrv.read.1=c:\temp
    #List transfer.appsrv.write.<n> directories
    transfer.appsrv.write.1=c:\temp
    Change transfer.database.enabled=FALSE to TRUE if you need to be able to transfer files from the Database to the client.
    Change transfer.appsrv.enabled=FALSE to TRUE if you want to transfer files from the App Server file system to the client.
    The following entries specify which directory or directories where WebUtil can read and write too on the App Server.
    transfer.appsrv.read.1=c:\temp
    transfer.appsrv.write.1=c:\temp
    Update these entries with a colan (UNIX) or semicolan (Windows) seperate list of directories.

Hope this helps.
    Craig...
  • 2. Re: Oracle Developer Suite 10g, problems utilizing WEBUTIL code
    1005774 Newbie
    I have done that with the following: Please review and if something is not properly annotated, please let me know. But i have had this in place all week, and still not being able to reference webutil in the form.

transfer.database.enabled=TRUE
    transfer.appsrv.enabled=TRUE
    transfer.appsrv.workAreaRoot=P:\oracle\orcl
    transfer.appsrv.read.1=P:\oracle\orcl
    transfer.appsrv.write.1=P:\oracle\orcl
  • 3. Re: Oracle Developer Suite 10g, problems utilizing WEBUTIL code
    1005774 Newbie
    I did note one problem in this webutil.cfg and updated as follows:

transfer.database.enabled=TRUE
    transfer.appsrv.enabled=TRUE
    transfer.appsrv.workAreaRoot=P:\oracle\orclfiles
    transfer.appsrv.read.1=P:\oracle\orclfiles
    transfer.appsrv.write.1=P:\oracle\orclfiles
  • 4. Re: Oracle Developer Suite 10g, problems utilizing WEBUTIL code
    1005774 Newbie
    i was able to download the WEBUTIL_DEMO.zip, followed all the instructions and there are issues with trying to run the demo. which leads me to believe i don't have something setup correctly. It seems that all the instructions that i followed to setup WEBUTIL was not right. since trying to run the DEMO, it's looking for files that are not within 'programfiles(X86) under Oracle. I have installed everything as the instructions indicated within my devsuitehome_1 instances. So now i feel like my whole setup is wrong for WEBUTIL. struggling to get this to work... please help...

sincerely,

steven
  • 5. Re: Oracle Developer Suite 10g, problems utilizing WEBUTIL code
    CraigB Guru
    i was able to download the WEBUTIL_DEMO.zip, followed all the instructions and there are issues with trying to run the demo.
    This being the case, I recommend you go back through your configuration to make sure everything was completed. There is a checklist in the Forms Help system I recommend you print and follow. Open Forms Help and search: "Configuring WebUtil". Then print the "Runtime Setup Checklist" and it wouldn't hurt the print the "Configuring WebUtil" topic as well.

I also recommend you search your computer for "webutil.*.properties" and delete all instances of the file. Then, make sure the following files do not exit in the JRE\bin directory:
    d2kwut60.dll
    ffisamp.dll
    jacob.dll
    JNIsharedstubs.dll
    If these file are there, delete them as well.

I also recommend you clear the Java Cache through the Java control panel applet.

Lastly, since WebUtil is dependent on the jacob.jar to interact with the client, open the Java Console during runtime so you can see if there are any Java errors that won't be reported through your Form. To turn on the Java Console, open the Control Panel and run the Java applet. Then click the Advanced tab and open the Java console node and select the "Show console" option.

Craig...
  • 6. Re: Oracle Developer Suite 10g, problems utilizing WEBUTIL code
    1005774 Newbie
    thank you Craig, i will do what you indicated and try it again. I guess one other quick question, i am only running Oracle client 11g to connect to the database, and the devsuite 10g on my laptop. seemed like when i was lauching the DEMO, it was looking at the Oracle directory for the files vice the devsuite setup. any thoughts on that?

thank you,

steven
  • 7. Re: Oracle Developer Suite 10g, problems utilizing WEBUTIL code
    CraigB Guru
    You have to configure WebUtil for the Forms Builder runtime same as you would for an Application Server - to include signing the jacob.jar file. The Oracle Client won't affect this, but you could have just used the Oracle Client that installs with the Oracle Developer Suite (ODS) 10g. The key is the signed jar and default.env and formsweb.cfg updates as these entries affect the runtime.

Craig...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points