4 Replies Latest reply: May 2, 2013 10:37 AM by user9090561 RSS

Inventory Picking Rules

user9090561
      Hi
      This is in Oracle EBS 11i.

We defined the inventory picking rule as Lot Control = None, Order Revision = Null, Subinventory = Null, Locator = Null.
      What is the default logic that Oracle picks up when allocating inventory to Pick Move Orders in this case? We checked multiple scenarios and it appeared random

Next we defined a new inventory picking rule as Lot Control = Receipt Date, Order Revision = Null, Subinventory = Null, Locator = Null.
      We assigned this to the item but then when we allocated the inventory to Pick Move orders, the allocation did not change from the earlier case when the Lot Control was None.

Any idea.

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Inventory Picking Rules
          Mahendra
          Just to check..in case..have u enabled the rule and assignment?
          See if there are multiple rules assigned to that particular org..may cause a problem

Mahendra
          • 2. Re: Inventory Picking Rules
            user9090561
            Yes, I have defined the picking rule and assigned it at the parameter setup , under the ATP, Pick, Item-Sourcing tab.

No, there is only one rule defined.

Is there any other step? I guess this is it.
            • 3. Re: Inventory Picking Rules
              Mahendra
              user9090561 wrote:
              Yes, I have defined the picking rule and assigned it at the parameter setup , under the ATP, Pick, Item-Sourcing tab.

No, there is only one rule defined.

Is there any other step? I guess this is it
              After defining the rule have you enabled it? then after saving it...have you assigned it to a org by clicking assignment button??
              • 4. Re: Inventory Picking Rules
                user9090561
                Hi
                There is no place to enable the rule. All the rules once defined are enabled.

Also once you've defined it, the only places you can attach is at the item level or at the inventory parameter level.

I am talking about 11i and non WMS org.

I guess you are either talking about WMS org or R12.