1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 29, 2013 5:28 AM by Ben Rogers RSS

Meaning and usage of "it is known whether or not"

Rajan.Panchal
      hi,
      what it means when i use "it is known whether or not"?
      what difference it makes when i use this.
      also, how it affects screenflow in case of automatic screen.

Thanks,
      Rajan
        • 1. Re: Meaning and usage of "it is known whether or not"
          Ben Rogers
          Hi Rajan,

The help files are very useful for this...

http://docs.oracle.com/html/E27987_01/Content/Reference/Rule%20function%20examples/Certain_and_known_operators.htm

"it is known whether or not "... checks for the presence of any value in a Boolean...(true, false, uncertain) - in terms of screens, it checks whether or not that question has been answered (whatever the answer).

I.e. "the interview is complete if
          it is known whether or not the person is a homeowner"

Investigating the goal "is the interview complete?" will trigger the question "is the person a homeowner?" .. from the help file "It is commonly used in procedural rules that drive an investigation. For example, forcing attributes to be known in a particular order before determining a goal (eg forcing a particular screen flow rather than letting the rulebase dictate the screen display order)"

"it is currently known whether or not the person is a homeowner" will not trigger the question as currently known is evaluated first. So if you were to load up OWD you would straight away see "the interview is NOT complete" without the option to even answer the question.

The help file has several useful examples.
          Thanks,
          Ben