2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 27, 2013 1:36 PM by 58fedb27-d6d8-4185-b2d8-92db33d05521 RSS

Getting error while configuring Oracle CEP server in Eclipse

Hi,

While Configuring OCEP Server in eclipse, and specifying the Oracle Middleware Home Directory as "C:/Oracle/Middleware/user_projects/domains/ocep_domain/defaultserver"; I am getting the below error:

The location "C:/Oracle/Middleware/user_projects/domains/ocep_domain/defaultserver" contains the BEA home definition file "C:/Oracle/Middleware/user_projects/domains/ocep_domain/defaultserver/registry.xml," but that file does not contain an Oracle CEP component entry with an "InstallDir" attribute.

I tried re-installing OCEP server, but still the problem persists. Please help me on this.

Regards,
      Swati

Edited by: 999706 on Apr 30, 2013 1:08 AM
        • 1. Re: Getting error while configuring Oracle CEP server in Eclipse
          Junger He
          Hi Swati,

Please make sure you installed:
          1) Eclipse Indigo SR2 for Linux: http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/technology/epp/downloads/release/indigo/SR2/eclipse-jee-indigo-SR2-linux-gtk.tar.gz
          2) Plugin in from the installation, the path like: Oracle/Middleware/ocep_11.1/eclipse-update-site/cep-tools=11.1.1.20130109-2314/. Note the plugin download site is not updated. So you can't use the install Plugin via URL

I assume you are using PS6. For other version, please check the document accordingly.

Thanks
          Junger
          • 2. Re: Getting error while configuring Oracle CEP server in Eclipse
            58fedb27-d6d8-4185-b2d8-92db33d05521

I have installed Eclipse Helios on Windows 7 32-bit. I am getting the same error on attempting to create my first CEP application: The location "C:/Oracle/Middleware/ocep_11.1" contains the BEA home definition file "C:/Oracle/Middleware/ocep_11.1/registry.xml," but that file does not contain an Oracle CEP component entry with an "InstallDir" attribute. Does anyone have the solution to the problem?

Regards,

Clocks