7 Replies Latest reply: May 8, 2013 3:34 AM by Deepu Muraleedharan RSS

OATS Javacode basics

Vasanth Kumar S M-Oracle
      Hi All,

I was working on QTP tool and am familiar with the vbscript and the functional testing. Now am moving to OATS functional testing team and would like to know how the basic operations performed in java code.

For Example:
      1. To compare text from the variable to that displayed in application (OEBS Form).
      2. If Else condition
      i.e., if expected text is displayed then display pass else display fail.
      3. Looping concepts etc.,

I couldn't find much help online and am requesting you all to provide some help.

Thanks in advance.
        • 1. Re: OATS Javacode basics
          Deepu Muraleedharan
          Hi,

You can find OpenScript Programmer Preference doc in OATS installed folder (default C:\OracleATS\docs\en). From that doc you can understand basic level of coding.

If you have any doubt, let me know.

Regards,
          Deepu M
          • 2. Re: OATS Javacode basics
            Richard Langland - Compasso US
            I recommend downloading the EBS Test Starter Kit scripts, you can find several examples of this type of comparison embedded in their scripts. It does require you to make changes in the Java view editor. However you can see exactly how Oracle's QA Development team did it, and pattern your code after theirs.

Cheers, Richard.
            • 3. Re: OATS Javacode basics
              Vasanth Kumar S M-Oracle
              Hi Richard,

Thanks for the information. Can you please let me know the URL/Link to download the "EBS Test Starter Kit scripts". That would be of great help.
              I would like to know how to display the captured value/text in the message box. Is there any built in command to do that.

For Example:
              In QTP we have code: *"msgbox"*

value_1 = "Hello World"
              msgbox value_1

"Hello World" message will be displayed in new window with ok button.

I tried "alert" command in OATS javacode but it didn't help.

Regards,
              - Vasanth Kumar S M

Edited by: 1003298 on May 2, 2013 4:07 PM

Am using OpenScript

Version: 12.2.0.1 Build 288

Edited by: 1003298 on May 2, 2013 4:10 PM
              Hi Richard,

I google "where to find EBS TSK" and got the below link
              [http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/oem/downloads/index-084446.html]

" Oracle Testing Accelerator for Oracle EBS: Test Starter Kits for R11.5.10.2
              - provides sample functional and load test scripts for Oracle EBS 11.5.10.2 using ATS 9.2.
              Download for Microsoft Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) "

Thanks
              • 4. Re: OATS Javacode basics
                Deepu Muraleedharan
                Hi,

Try with the following code
                String str = "Your message";
                          javax.swing.JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, str, "Title", 1);
                Regards,
                Deepu M
                • 5. Re: OATS Javacode basics
                  Vasanth Kumar S M-Oracle
                  need some more update
                  • 6. Re: OATS Javacode basics
                    Vasanth Kumar S M-Oracle
                    Hi Deepu,

I tried the code and it worked perfectly. I could not find those type of code in the starter kit.
                    I request you to provide me the document/URL to download the study material regarding such type of codes with examples.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks and Regards,
                    - Vasanth Kumar S M
                    • 7. Re: OATS Javacode basics
                      Deepu Muraleedharan
                      Hi Kumar,

There will be one script named 'EBSFunction' inside 'ScriptFunction' folder in starter kit. Try to understand all functions in 'EBSFunction'. You can also find a similar code(which I mentioned) in Starter Kit. See 'oracle_input_dialog()'.
                      Different types of JOptionPane are available in Java. If you know Java it will be more easier for you to do manual coding. Try to do as many different scenarios as you can, so automatically you will adapt.

If you want any help let me know.

Regards,
                      Deepu M