3 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2013 8:12 AM by Philippe Ludwig RSS

review/user opinions about "Certification Value Package"

Philippe Ludwig
      I will take 1Z0-052 soon. Do you think it's a good idea to buy Certification Value Package?
      Exam Prep Seminar Discount Package: Oracle Database Admin 1 (Training On Demand)
      Training On Demand Edition: Includes Training On Demand Exam Preparation Seminar, exam certification voucher(s) with a free certification exam retake
      Package Savings: 20% Discount + Free Certification Exam Retake
      did you buy Certification Value Package? What do you think of it? Useless or good investing?
        • 1. Re: review/user opinions about "Certification Value Package"
          Justin_Mungal
          Philippe Ludwig wrote:
          I will take 1Z0-052 soon. Do you think it's a good idea to buy Certification Value Package?
          Exam Prep Seminar Discount Package: Oracle Database Admin 1 (Training On Demand)
          Training On Demand Edition: Includes Training On Demand Exam Preparation Seminar, exam certification voucher(s) with a free certification exam retake
          Package Savings: 20% Discount + Free Certification Exam Retake
          did you buy Certification Value Package? What do you think of it? Useless or good investing?
          I've never bought any of those packages that include "free retake" vouchers. I think if I know I can do the exam again a second time for free, I might be lackadaisical in my studying. I usually just buy a study guide, and study it carefully while testing all of the objectives in a lab. Sometimes I'll buy a practice exam such as Transcender to gauge how ready I am. I'm more concerned with taking away knowledge that I can use than I am with memorizing facts that will help me pass the exam. I think that actually helps me get higher scores.
          • 2. Re: review/user opinions about "Certification Value Package"
            Brandye Barrington-Oracle
            The main benefit of the value package is that you get a discount on the items you are going to buy anyway. If you plan to purchase the exam prep seminar, the value package is the way to go because you get a better price than if you purchased the two separately. Then, if you do fail, you have the safety net of the retake voucher.

We've received some really good feedback on these exam prep seminars!

Regards,
            Brandye Barrington
            Certification Forum Moderator
            • 3. Re: review/user opinions about "Certification Value Package"
              Philippe Ludwig
              We've received some really good feedback on these exam prep seminars!
              I am wondering why no good feedback in Internet and Oracle forums/blogs. I didn't find any user contributed reviews about Certification Value Package. You are Oracle employee so it's not independend review ;-)