0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2013 2:56 PM by 981781 RSS

WebLogic Handler Problem - Handler handleMessage is not getting invoked!

Hi, I am using weblogic 11g and trying to register a handler to log my requests/responses to and from the service. I use Maven to build the project and register the handler as described in the Oracle documents. Here is the handler declaration in the server class that implements the port interface
      @HandlerChain(file="handlers.xml")
      Here is the declaration of the handler class in the handlers.xml
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <handler-chains xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee">
        <handler-chain>
          <handler>
            <handler-class>com.mycompany.service.handlers.LogHandler</handler-class>
          </handler>
        </handler-chain>
      </handler-chains>
      handlers.xml has been put in a folder structure under resources so that when the war file is generated, it is placed in the same folder as the server class. LogHandler implements SOAPHandler<SOAPMessageContext>

When I deploy the application, the handler gets invoked and the getHeaders method gets called multiple times. But when I call the service with any operation, the handleMessage method is not invoked and the service acts like it doesn't have any handler. Please note that there are other projects that exist in my workspace and use handlers with the same configuration without any issues. As the handler is required for this project and I am running out of options to fix this matter, I appreciate your feedback. Thanks in advance!