This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: May 2, 2013 5:55 AM by 1005461 RSS

Installing 32-bit alongside 64-bit

1005461 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I have the 64-bit drivers installed successfully on my 64-bit Windows 7 system, and they work correctly. I need to install the 32-bit drivers as well, but I haven't been able to make them work yet. When I open the 32-bit ODBC Data Source Administrator, it lists a driver (Oracle in OraClient11g_home1, which is also listed in the 64-bit administrator -- is this the first sign of a problem?), but when I select it I get the following error:

The setup routines for the Oracle in OraClient11g_home1 ODBC driver could not be loaded due to a system error code 126: The specified module could not be found (C:\app\currentUser\product\11.2.0\client_1\SQORAS32.DLL.

My 32-bit drivers (installed from the win32_11gR2_client package) are installed to the C:\app\currentUser\product\11.2.0\client_1 folder, while the 64-bit drivers are installed to C:\oracle\product\11.2.0\client_1. Should the 32-bit drivers be installed as client_2? Is that another problem? Have I missed an installation/configuration step? The registry lists Oracle in OraClient11g_home2 as being installed to the correct C:\app... folder, but I don't understand why it doesn't appear in the ODBC administrator.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points