This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 34 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2013 8:10 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: RC-50004: Fatal: Error occurred in ApplyDatabase: Control file creation fai
    clamarion Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    I'm having the same issue with IE9
    I can ping dlaerpsrv01.camairco.local and dlaerpsrv01

About the status of the firewall on the server, i will check it and get back to you.

I still can't access the application from my Win 7 client when I use the IP address instead of the hostname.domainname.

This is the entry in my /etc/hosts file in my Win 7 client
    192.168.0.245 DLAERPSRV01.camairco.local DLAERPSRV01

About the Apache log files, I am going to check them and let you know.

I will contact you again in 11-13 hours..... It is getting late here in Douala.

Thanks a lot Hussein for your time and help.
  • 16. Re: RC-50004: Fatal: Error occurred in ApplyDatabase: Control file creation fai
    clamarion Newbie
    @Hussain Sawwan

Hi Hussain, hope you got a good night sleep.

I will check ALL the relevant log files (autoconfig...Apache...post clone logs...) in detail and try and detect any anomalies. I will disable the firewall if enabled. I will check the relevant ports. I will check the entry in my hosts file........If I don't get a solution, then I will seek your help and precious time.

Thanks
  • 17. Re: RC-50004: Fatal: Error occurred in ApplyDatabase: Control file creation fai
    clamarion Newbie
    Hi Hussein, this is to update you on my progress

After doing some checking on my system, I realized that the environment files in the Apptier and database tiers don't actually SOURCE the environment. Meaning, when I execute them, the environment parameters stay unchanged (env command). This is not good I know it. Something went wrong during the post clone phase.

The environment file /u01/appltest/apps/apps_st/appl/ERP_DLAERPSRV01.env doesn't set the environment (source the environment) because after sourcing the environment, the relevant environment variables are not set (APPL_TOP, AD_TOP.....)

The environment file for the database Tier /u02/oratest/db/tech_st/11.1.0/ERP_DLAERPSRV01.env does not also set the environment.

Still checking the other log files (autoconfig.....)
  • 18. Re: RC-50004: Fatal: Error occurred in ApplyDatabase: Control file creation fai
    clamarion Newbie
    @Hussein Sawwan

Also, The autoconfig hasn't generated a log file. There is no adconfig.log in my apptier directories. /u01/appltest/inst/apps/ERP_DLAERPSRV01/admin/log

And also, the autoconfig doesn't have any log files in the DBTier. This is suspect. No adconfig.log
  • 19. Re: RC-50004: Fatal: Error occurred in ApplyDatabase: Control file creation fai
    clamarion Newbie
    @Hussein Sawwan

I launched autoconfig in the database tier
    log file /u02/oratest/db/tech_st/11.1.0/appsutil/log/ERP_DLAERPSRV01/05071447/adconfig.log
    Autoconfig log on the dbtier has no errors.

Now launching autoconfig on the apptier
    /u01/appltest/inst/apps/ERP_DLAERPSRV01/admin/scripts/
    [appltest@DLAERPSRV01 scripts]$ ./adautocfg.sh
    log file at /u01/appltest/inst/apps/ERP_DLAERPSRV01/admin/log/05071454/adconfig.log

Even after launching autoconfig on the DBTier and AppTier, the respective environment file don't source the environment.
  • 20. Re: RC-50004: Fatal: Error occurred in ApplyDatabase: Control file creation fai
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    Clamarion wrote:
    @Hussein Sawwan

I launched autoconfig in the database tier
    log file /u02/oratest/db/tech_st/11.1.0/appsutil/log/ERP_DLAERPSRV01/05071447/adconfig.log
    Autoconfig log on the dbtier has no errors.

Now launching autoconfig on the apptier
    /u01/appltest/inst/apps/ERP_DLAERPSRV01/admin/scripts/
    [appltest@DLAERPSRV01 scripts]$ ./adautocfg.sh
    log file at /u01/appltest/inst/apps/ERP_DLAERPSRV01/admin/log/05071454/adconfig.log

Even after launching autoconfig on the DBTier and AppTier, the respective environment file don't source the environment.
    Did AutoConfig complete with no errors on the application tier node?

What about apache log files and the application.log?

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 21. Re: RC-50004: Fatal: Error occurred in ApplyDatabase: Control file creation fai
    clamarion Newbie
    @Hussein Sawwan
    Yes The autoconfig completes successfully on the apptier with no errors, the same on the database tier.
    The apache logs also don't have any errors.

This is weird, the consolidated environment file can't source the environment on the appstier.

The problem now is that I can't source the environment file.
    The context file and consolidated environment file APPSERP_DLAERPSRV01.env don't source the environment when they are executed. What could be the reason for it?

In other words, after executing the consolidated environment file APPSERP_DLAERPSRV01.env, nothing happens, the required environment parameters APPL_TOP, JAVA_TOP are still not set.
  • 22. Re: RC-50004: Fatal: Error occurred in ApplyDatabase: Control file creation fai
    clamarion Newbie
    @Hussein Sawwan

I am open to any of your suggestions.
    Thanks
  • 23. Re: RC-50004: Fatal: Error occurred in ApplyDatabase: Control file creation fai
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    This is weird, the consolidated environment file can't source the environment on the appstier.
    Would you please elaborate more on "the consolidated environment file can't source the environment on the appstier"?
    The problem now is that I can't source the environment file.
    Why not? What is the error?
    The context file and consolidated environment file APPSERP_DLAERPSRV01.env don't source the environment when they are executed. What could be the reason for it?
    What is the error message?
    In other words, after executing the consolidated environment file APPSERP_DLAERPSRV01.env, nothing happens, the required environment parameters APPL_TOP, JAVA_TOP are still not set.
    How do you source the env file?

Can you please post the contents of this file?

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 24. Re: RC-50004: Fatal: Error occurred in ApplyDatabase: Control file creation fai
    clamarion Newbie
    @Hussein Sawwan

Ok, let me explain in detail:

Normally in EBS R12, before launching any scripts, we need to SOURCE the environment by executing the consolidated environment file (APPSERP_DLAERPSRV01.env) for the AppsTier in my case. When I execute this file located in the APPL_TOP with the folowing command:
    ./APPSERP_DLAERPSRV01.env

And after I check to make sure that the right environment variables have been set (APPL_TOP, JAVA_TOP...) with the following command:
    env

I realise that the environment variables have not been set. Meaning the EBS environment variables are still not set (APPL_TOP, COMMON_TOP, JAVA_TOP...)

I don't know what could cause that problem after a cloning.
    I will try and display the contents of the APPSERP_DLAERPSRV01.env file and post it here.

Thanks
  • 25. Re: RC-50004: Fatal: Error occurred in ApplyDatabase: Control file creation fai
    clamarion Newbie
    @Hussein Sawwan

This is the contents of my consolidated environment

[appltest@DLAERPSRV01 appl]$ cat APPSERP_DLAERPSRV01.env
    :
    # $Header: APPSORA_ux.env 120.0 2005/06/20 15:33:34 appldev noship $
    # =============================================================================
    # NAME
    # APPSORA.env
    #
    # DESCRIPTION
    # Execute environment for Oracle and APPL_TOP
    #
    # NOTES
    #
    # HISTORY
    #
    # =============================================================================
    #
    # ###############################################################
    #
    # This file is automatically generated by AutoConfig. It will be read and
    # overwritten. If you were instructed to edit this file, or if you are not
    # able to use the settings created by AutoConfig, refer to Metalink Note
    # 387859.1 for assistance.
    #
    # ###############################################################

#
    # Source the custom file if it exists
    customfile=/u01/appltest/apps/apps_st/appl/customERP_DLAERPSRV01.env
    if [  -f $customfile ]; then
    . /u01/appltest/apps/apps_st/appl/customERP_DLAERPSRV01.env
    fi
    . /u01/appltest/inst/apps/ERP_DLAERPSRV01/ora/10.1.2/ERP_DLAERPSRV01.env
    . /u01/appltest/apps/apps_st/appl/ERP_DLAERPSRV01.env
  • 26. Re: RC-50004: Fatal: Error occurred in ApplyDatabase: Control file creation fai
    clamarion Newbie
    @Hussein Sawwan

and also whe running autoconfig in check mode on the DBTIER, I get this entry in the log file:
    unsatisfiedlinkerror exception loading native library njni11
  • 27. Re: RC-50004: Fatal: Error occurred in ApplyDatabase: Control file creation fai
    ;) ApPsMasTi ;) Journeyer
    HI Clamarion

please post the content of below file
    . /u01/appltest/inst/apps/ERP_DLAERPSRV01/ora/10.1.2/ERP_DLAERPSRV01.env
    . /u01/appltest/apps/apps_st/appl/ERP_DLAERPSRV01.env
    :) AppsMAStI :)
    Sharing Is Caring
  • 28. Re: RC-50004: Fatal: Error occurred in ApplyDatabase: Control file creation fai
    clamarion Newbie
    Hi guys, I solved the issue!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In fact since I used to use
    [appltest@DLAERPSRV01 appl]$ ./ERP_DLAERPSRV01.env to source the environment, I decided to use instead:
    [appltest@DLAERPSRV01 appl]$. ERP_DLAERPSRV01.env // and my environment was properly source.

So the problem was a missing space. I don't understand why, since I used to use the first command format in other Oracle EBS servers I administered.

Like they say, the devil is in the details!!!!

Thanks again guys!!!!
  • 29. Re: RC-50004: Fatal: Error occurred in ApplyDatabase: Control file creation fai
    ;) ApPsMasTi ;) Journeyer
    HI Clamarion
    Hi guys, I solved the issue!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Good to know that :)

;) AppsMasti ;)
    sharing is Caring

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points