This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: May 2, 2013 3:17 PM by user12106734 RSS

Invalid Java Home on install of Weblogic

user12106734 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I’ve got an issue with installing Weblogic. I’m on RHEL 6, trying to install wls1036_generic.jar.
I’ve downloaded and installed jdk-6u43-linux-x64.bin. When I go to install weblogic I get to the section that allows you to choose your jdk, I point to the directory where I installed it and Weblogic gives me 'Invalid Java Home' error. I’ve removed the JDK tried it in another directory, same thing. I re-downloaded the jdk thinking maybe it was corrupt, still same error. I’ve exported the java home to the directory, still same thing.
I can run-

[oracle@blu common]$ cd jdk1.6.0_43/
[oracle@blu jdk1.6.0_43]$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_24"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.11.11) (rhel-1.61.1.11.11.el6_4-x86_64)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.0-b12, mixed mode)

When I do a
[oracle@blu jdk1.6.0_43]$ which java
/usr/bin/java
I get /usr/bin/java, so I added /u01/app/oracle/common/jdk1.6.0_43/bin to my path variables, still same thing.

When I export JAVA_HOME to /u01/app/oracle/common/jdk1.6.0_43
and add /u01/app/oracle/common/jdk1.6.0_43/bin to the path I get

[oracle@gil jdk1.6.0_43]$ which java
/u01/app/oracle/common/jdk1.6.0_43/bin/java
[oracle@gil jdk1.6.0_43]$ java -version
Error occurred during initialization of VM
java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object

Is this a Java Issue or a Weblogic issue? I would like to mention I have already installed Weblogic on this box, I screwed up an install of OAM and thought I’d restart.
When I tried to install Weblogic I received the Java Home error, and thought I’d start fresh. I grabbed a clean VM copy of RHEL, to my surprise I’m still getting the error.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
  • 1. Re: Invalid Java Home on install of Weblogic
    user12106734 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oh boy! It seems during my installation of Oracle I’ve gotten to use to unzip.
    I used-
    unzip jdk-6u45-linux-i586.bin
    instead of
    ./jdk-6u45-linux-i586.bin

At what point do you say "screw it I need a vacation"? I would like to think that someone in this world will use this post, but I’m not thinking anyone is as stupid as this.

Cheers.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points