4 Replies Latest reply: May 7, 2013 3:34 AM by 1006845 RSS

Free practice questions for exam registrants?

Dear forum,

I have signed up for the OCA Java 7 exam. According to this page: http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=51 there is a section about free practice questions for registrants. I have searched high and low, but no where can I find these purported questions (unless they mean the sample questions shown with the exam). Does anyone know whether these exist and, if so, where?
        • 1. Re: Free practice questions for exam registrants?
          rp0428
          >
          I have searched high and low, but no where can I find these purported questions (unless they mean the sample questions shown with the exam). Does anyone know whether these exist and, if so, where?
          >
          That section you are talking about says this:
          >
          Non-proctored exams are available online without a proctor. There are currently three types of non-proctored exams: online exams, master assignments and free practice questions
          >
          There is a link at the top of the page for 'Registering for non-proctored exam with Pearson VUE'. Go to that link
          http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=51#10

Follow the 'STEPS TO REGISTER FOR A NON-PROCTORED EXAM WITH PEARSON VUE' listed.

You need to register with PEARSON VUE on their site to get access to the online page that lists the free practice questions.
          • 2. Re: Free practice questions for exam registrants?
            I went to where I can select an exam, but I don't see any offers for practice questions. The only Java 7 exam there is in Japanese. Has the offer expired?
            • 3. Re: Free practice questions for exam registrants?
              rp0428
              >
              Has the offer expired?
              >
              That is always possible. You would have to check with Pearson.

Did you actually 'register' for an exam or just visit the page? You actually need to register. Check with Pearson to see if the practice questions are still available.
              • 4. Re: Free practice questions for exam registrants?
                No, I have registered and paid and all that, but I'll give Pearson a call. Thanks for the pointers. I can post back when I've found out.